Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It started out I was helping fellow club members set up for a cruise-in, and I noticed that 2 people were looking at my cat. So I politely raised the hood and the man asked "is that your car". I said yeas it is, and he started asking more questions about it and what i did to the engine. Then he asked if I would sell it. Damn was he persistent in asking that queation. Finally he asked if I would trade a 81 Delorean with 8100 miles, the original tires, and climate control for it. I looked at the man cross-eyed. I was like get away my kiity cat. Then after liong thought that thing is worth more than my little cougar ever thought of. Just imagine what I could build with a big budget. Any thoughts freinds? here i a picture of my cat http://clubs.hemmings.com/sofordclub/images/gallery8/68cougaran.jpg

·
Registered
5,299 Posts
well, you COULD get the Delorean. sell it and have about 25-30k to build another car. but is that what you want? how attached are you to the Cougar you have now? i mean, 1000 can get you a running one out here, but to build it up would take quite some time. at this point i know that i would not sell my car. you could build a bad ass car for that price though. it all depends man. pricewise and marketwise, hes getting ripped. but its all what your car means to you

·
Registered
266 Posts
Somethings not right with this picture. A Delorean for a cougar????

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
Just a thought...is that "his" Delorean??? I mean, it sounds too good to be true!! Steve...is an 81 worth that much??

·
Registered
5,299 Posts
well, a low milage original car. yeah i bet it could get that much out on the market. like i said, it sounds like a deal where the Delorean guy would get ripped off. i mean, what Cougars go for over 30k? not many. can the Delorean go for that much? yeah, ive seen it. mid to high 20K range is what i normally see them go for. this one sounds low milage and i assume it was never painted a dorky color. but hey, ya never know.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
If I can turn that big of a profit yes I would do it. I seen a delorean with more miles on it sell for 28000. I figure sell it eventually and build a GT-40 kit car with a SHO motor. The reason the guy is after the car is because of his wife (we all know the effect of women) she had a cougar for her first car and learned to change the oil and plugs in that car. So there is an emotional attachment to the car. And for everyopnes info I still have another cat to fall back on. Didnt think I would give up on my favorite car did ya?

·
Registered
794 Posts
well, are you going to tell us what your other cat is or what?

If that delorean is worth that much I would easily do it for a trade, then sell it. Is your car the actual cougar she used to own, or just one like it?

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
no seh didnt own my cat before she just liked the color and layout of the interior. my other cat is also a 68 once again a picture http://clubs.hemmings.com/sofordclub/images/gallery2/er97634.jpg I plan on building a fast back cougar out of it and an engine that should produce around 600 horse. As far as the fast back we have to sacrifice a mustang for that one, but who will miss yet another mustang. I am not sure what year of roof i want to use yet. I think a 65-66 will look the best, but who knows.

·
Registered
175 Posts
I'd do it if the title was clear and it was in running condition.

·
Registered
1,832 Posts
I'd take him up on it before his crack wears off. Sell it and get yourself 2 more cougars if you want. mm

·
Registered
3,141 Posts
Take him up on it, then sell it and buy your Cougar back :p:

·
Registered
1,369 Posts
FoKKerj said:
I plan on building a fast back cougar out of it and an engine that should produce around 600 horse. As far as the fast back we have to sacrifice a mustang for that one, but who will miss yet another mustang. I am not sure what year of roof i want to use yet. I think a 65-66 will look the best, but who knows.
A fastback cat?:eek2: And I caught a little grief for turning a '69 into a '70? How long/when do you plan to do the project? You MUST take lots of pictures! It sounds interesting to say the least.

As for the delorean: GO FOR IT!!:D

Chuck

·
Registered
794 Posts
oh, man. a fastback cougar would be sweet. How come I never thought of that? Good luck finding a roof off of a 65-66 fastback. them *******s are going for about 7k in reeeeeeal nasty condition.

·
Contributing Member
2,897 Posts
email me if you want i know were you can get to mustangs to feed your kitty isnt that why ford created mustangs to feed our cats? Any ways i know were a 65-6 can be had as well as a 67. Oh and before the dudes smoke clears trade him aint no car got tha much sentimentallity hell sell it and buy a GTE!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts