Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,853 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thought I had lost all. It was an old mac. nice computer at least I had figured out how to use it. Now My wife says I can use this PC as she has her new Mac. I thought I had lost all my pictures but when I clicked on Manage Attachments they are all there. Now how do I get them from there back to this computer? Bob any ideas?

·
Registered
223 Posts
Just right click on each picture and choose save image as. If you have lots of pictures it will take some time to complete.

Bill

·
Registered
1,853 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Bill, Yeah there a lot there but they are all I have so I will need to do it one way or the other. Just glad I have the option!!

·
Registered
508 Posts
Could try and burn a disc of your photo gallery, CD-R, DVD-R depending on the recording to disc capability of the Mac. After, place the disc in your PC and upload to My Pictures. Always good to have back-up discs of your favorite photos and documents at hand....just in case your computer goes kaput!

·
Registered
1,853 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
LOL the Mac is dead, Won't even start.

·
Registered
170 Posts
You might be able to pull the hard drive out and then connect it to any working computer using a USB->IDE interface. I picked one up on eBay years ago for pretty cheap and have used it to recover things off hard drives from computers that died. If your problem is that the hard drive died this of course won't work. But if the processor died, or the power supply, or the memory, etc. then a USB->IDE interface will allow you to access every single file easy as pie.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Just get an external hard drive case, drop your old hard drive in it, and connect to a working computer via USB. You should be able to drag and drop any files you want. Bonus is you will be able to use the external as a back-up drive. This is of course as TMH noted, assuming your hard drive is ok and your problem is elsewhere.

Colin

·
Registered
170 Posts
The benefit of an adaptor like I mentioned vs a case is that a case is likely to be designed for one specific size hard drive (physical size, not storage capacity) vs a plain old adaptor like I got works equally well with the smaller drives from laptops or the larger drives from desktops. So more flexible down the road, vs a case that is designed to hold only one type. If they're making cases these days that will take either size then that's great too.

·
Registered
1,853 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I don't understand any of that? I am thinking if I can click and save as I can figure that out?

·
Registered
11,950 Posts
LOL - easy as pluggin in any USB device Harvey. It will allow you to see the drive as another external one, just like you would plug in a printer or something. If the drive is still good you can just copy/move the files to wherever you want. (I'd burn them to a CD this time though). On the plus side you can use that drive as a backup drive too....

·
Registered
170 Posts
1 - 12 of 12 Posts