Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,048 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just dropped off my 69 at the shop. My Aussie-Cleavor heads are finished and have been rebuilt. New valves, 3 angle valve job, new springs, titanium retainers, and new valve guides.

Also didn't realize it at the time because they were dirty and I wasn't paying attention, but the heads have been previously ported, polished, and intake matched. The Intake ports were enlarged from the 2v size to 4v size and port matched to the intake. The exhaust ports were also enlarged as well, and the runners have been worked over and polished.

Starting tomorrow, they'll be taking the windsor heads and intake off, along with my old headers and dropping all the Cleavor stuff in. I should have it back mid-next week...

Pictures to follow when she's done.

On another stroke of luck, we found all the attaching hardware for my rare stud girdle valve covers, along with a set of Crane 1.7:1 Gold roller rockers...

Wooohooo!

Pics of my Cleavor stuff HERE

·
Contributing Sr Motorhead
5,470 Posts
Logan,

Actually, factory Ford Cleveland (and 429/460) rocker arms have a 1.73 ratio. Some of the aftermarket vendors just make them in 1.7, while others go with the correct extra .03. I doubt youor your car will know the difference. It just frosts me when they try to pawn off Big Block Chevy rockers as the right parts for our Clevelands/429/460s.

It just goes to show you how much the mfg is willing to cut corners to make a buck, eh?

·
Contributing Sr Motorhead
5,470 Posts
Actually, Crane is one of the manufacturers that does have 1.73s. But Crane and Ford Motorsport are twice the price of Harland Sharp. Crane and Motorsport go for about $350/set.

History lesson here. Harland Sharp was the originator of roller rockers. They are right here in the Cleveland area, and you can get a set for just over $200. They even make most of the other brands you find out there. Just anodized a different color! They had a tent at the big Fun Ford day at Norwalk a couple of weeks ago. Nice folks.

The nice thing about Crane is they also catalog a separate kit for roller rockers for the positive stop rocker armed Fords.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts