Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 20 of 121 Posts

·
Registered
246 Posts
Ah! My color!

Well, at least it's a different body style... ;)

·
Registered
600 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
LOL thanks Leon it's not what i intended the rear wheel steering...lol I might actually go with this color!

·
Registered
600 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well here is a updated version , still need to add a wing...and the scoop but for now what you all think...i really like it;)

Attachments

·
Contributing Member
5,865 Posts
Dave I think it looked better without the stripes. If you are going to use stripes they probably should be closer together and wider, althogh that wouln't work too well on the hood. I'd still shave all the badges

·
Registered
600 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Leon i will try that out i will widen the stripes and see how it looks...maybe i can taper the stripes from narrow in the front to wide in the back. ?? What ya think?

·
Registered
3,371 Posts
I'm sorry 73... I just don't care for it ..... maybe a different shade...... but it's yours.... do what you want...

my .02

Don

·
Registered
600 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I see your point Don. Remeber tho it's a color applied over the original ginger...so it's a bit darker than it would really be. I like to be different:)

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
Dave

I still like the original look the best. Remember...1700 made of that color combination. Once it is gone, it is gone.

·
Contributing Member
2,897 Posts
dave i love orange doing my 69 in it go for it it is your car you dont need to please anyone else. but i would like to ask you to make your picture in your sig a whole lot smaller those of us connecting at 21600 have to wait for ever for your post to download. i sure would apreciate it.

·
Registered
5,299 Posts
the Comp Orange looks good, but id remove the front bumper guards and try to recess the front bumper slightly to just bring it closer to the body. maybe black out the grill, but not the hood trim piece or the surrounds. liek the blacked out taillight bezels too but im not too crazy about the stripes either. they look good on the back, but it will be too busy on the front. i get alot of flak for not having stripes on the back of my car so imagine what youll get for not having ghem on the front lol. i like the lower body stripe, but id try different wheels on it. the car looks good with ALL the emblems and side moudlings shaved, leave the door handles though. at that point i woulndt ad teh wing and MAYBE not the scoop. maybe a satin black scoop, but thats after seeing it a bit more. i think it can be done either way though.

yes... ive been through this decision many many times.

WELL, thats my 351 Cents.

·
Registered
600 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Hmmm good idea , how would i go about moving the bumper in? Also for wheels what would you suggest? I looked at the AR Torque Thrust II's in 16x7:)
PLMK
Thanks

·
Registered
246 Posts
The TT2/TTD is always a good wheel. I'm going with Cragar S/S wheels on my car, which looks about the same. The stripes I don't really dig, but I do like the color. I also really like the black side stripes on the bottom. With my car, I'm trying to have some black highlights to offset the sea of orange. Black scoop, black spoiler, black Eliminator striping.

Your photoshop looks about 100 times better than the stock car. I like Steve's idea of taking off the bumper guards. Anything you can do to make that car look more sleek, it helps it a hell of a lot. I love orange on a car, it stands out a lot, you don't see many orange cars. Even classics.

The bottom stripe really helps make the car look less bulky and gives it a kind of 80's G-Body feel, which is a good thing IMO. It reminds me more of a souped up Monte with the color/stripe, and that makes me think happy thoughts.

You going to change the interior to black if you repaint the car? Just curious. :)

·
Registered
600 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Jay not to sure the cat has a near mint Ginger interior and i am not sure that i want to mess with it, especially cause it's leather.

·
Registered
246 Posts
Yeah I was thinking that the original ginger interior would be a rarity you might want to keep. Thinking about it, that would go alright with orange if you went that route, plus you could always repaint the car back if you were so inclined.

·
Registered
3,201 Posts
Hmm, decisions decisions, I agree with Don tho', I don't think orange suits a 73, its needs to be more of a dark colour, but there again thats just my 0.0000002c worth. It is your car.
In the early 70's we had Ford Cortina GT's in that orange, more or less the same style car but not as big, also only had a 1600 engine, Leon, you should remember them, guess thats what puts me off the orange.

1 - 20 of 121 Posts