Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just joined to get started on barn find. in barn sinse 1975 under 100k miles. engine in shop to fresh n up. need stock wheels, front spoiler.

·
Registered
1,569 Posts
View attachment 28288 just out the barn last winter
First I want to welcome both you and David robertson to the mc.net
This is a very nice find, You said something about a 428, is this what was in it or what is going in it? Is it an automatic or stick?
A Marti report on the car would be good to have for this car. It will give all the info on where and when the car was made and sold and also how many were made.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
this is a q code ram air auto trans car. loaded options. have marti somewhere. no air or drag pac though. have most every orig. parts eng,trans, rear, and ram air. missing thermo system, wheels, front spoiler. spoiler has no sign of being installed. was told factory didnt install, they sent in trunk for dealer to install. looking for info on this.

·
Registered
2,680 Posts
First I want to welcome both you and David robertson to the mc.net
Psssssst !!! David Robertson have been a member here just a bit longer than you ;)

And to tight lil kitty, welcome aboard, sure is a nice find you got :)

·
Registered
1,569 Posts
Psssssst !!! David Robertson have been a member here just a bit longer than you ;)
And to tight lil kitty, welcome aboard, sure is a nice find you got :)
OOps! I thought his name was familiar, I glanced at his Blog Entries and saw one, thought it was number of post. Boy do I feel silly.:)
Thanks Jan!

·
Premium Member
170 Posts
Incredible barn find. Please post lots of pictures as you restore. Some of us spend our winters following restorations on-line.

·
Registered
2,991 Posts
Welcome tight lil kitty, nice find. And I second what 67catXR7 says about posting pics. :) John

·
Registered
7,552 Posts
Tremendous score! Yes, more pictures, and welcome!

·
Registered
1,863 Posts
That's a great find. Cool color and looks really solid. Congrats. Yes please some money shots of under the hood too.

·
Registered
161 Posts
and all I find is horse $%@& in barns...

·
Registered
390 Posts
I'm just curious as to what kind of cash deals go with such a barn find, or even trade for an running tractor, a couple shotguns, or 3 pigs and a steer lol.

·
Registered
389 Posts
if those wheels werent so far away from me, id offer to buy them once u got some new ones... i love those old classic rims...and thats the look im going for on my 68, including the traction bars that are under mine right now...

1 - 20 of 29 Posts