Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,404 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Paul, more info on the dog. It's a beaut.
My 2 are girls, Teisha is 3, 4 in March (natural ears) and Chance is 2, 3 in Sept. I even made up widow stickers for my truck thats says Boxer Security (like Bittbull security) and window signs for the house.
Best friends and good with my 2 kids. I have the safest house and cars in the neighbourhood,:D

Rick

·
Registered
448 Posts
Rick,
The girl in the picture is my 13 year old daughter Lynn Marie. Her best friend seated next to her is "Maggie's Victoria Amber Garvin" ( Tori for short ). I know it sounds a little pretentious, but she is 6th generation papered champion bloodline and that is how the name works out. My parents were breeders in the late seventies, and I had 5 boxers and several litters of pups during my childhood. This is our second boxer since I started my own family. The first passed away two years ago. Tori is two years old and has never been shown ( much to the dismay of the breeder ). However, if the timing works out we will be breeding her this spring with a champion male owned and shown by a relative of my next door neighbor. The boxer is very unique in the dog world. Very selective turn of the century breeding created a dog with the combination of strength, intelligence, personality and immeasurable committment to family not found in any other K9. Everyone I know who has ever had one has loved them and never gone back to any other breed.
Paul
PS-Here is a link to my "security system" webpage
http://home.sprynet.com/~pamar/amber.html

·
Premium Member
3,404 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I got my dogs from a Boxer rescue. They were both real skinny, Chance still is but getting alot better.
The people who had Chance got her cuz she was show quality when she was a pup, that's why the docked ears. She just never got big.
I got Teisha 2 years ago and Chance last year, took awhile for the dogs to become friends but they are awesome now together.
I've always wanted a Boxer sinse I was a teen, I worked at a garage, this guy came in all the time with his Boxer, and it was well behaved and so cute.
I finally got my chance to get a Boxer and talked to my wife and kids and we went and looked at Teisha, and they instantly fell in love with her, it took awhile for Teisha to settle down and get used to a routine but she's good now. I took her to training, basic obedience, then advanced, and agility. She's awesome now, Chance took basic obedience, but not the others yet.
It's pretty cool walking down the street with 2 dogs and both listening to me and watching my hand signals, they both sit when I move my hand, they both lie down, they play with my 2 kids awesome and soft, then kick the **** out of me when I play. My 3 year old nephew cuddles with Chance, and Chance cuddles back, it's so cool. All my friends say they are getting Boxers when they get a dog, even my wife's folks are going to get one soon.
I couldnt think of a better breed for a family dog, but I'm just bias cuz my 2 dogs are the best.
I will get puppies next time, but I couldnt let these 2 go anywhere else.

Attachments

·
Registered
448 Posts
Rick,
Kudoz to you!! adoption is really a better route. We have done that in the past and will someday again in the future. Any of you folks in SoCal, there is an outstanding Boxer rescue org. in LA that I have worked with in the past. Great place to find a family pet.
Good luck Rick,
Paul
http://home.sprynet.com/~pamar/cougar.html

1 - 6 of 6 Posts