Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all. This is a pic of my 70 Cougar XR7. It is an unrestored/unmodified original (less the torq 2 wheels - couldn't help myself) with about 45k miles. It's been in my family since it was purchased. This car was originally bought by my father (retired from Ford) on A-plan for purchase by my grandfather, I still have the original sticker price and 1970 shop manuals. My grandfather obviously did a great job of keeping the car out of our crummy Ohio weather over the years and I plan to do the same. It still runs great, but I would like to at least do a dual exhaust to give it that bad ass rumble it deserves. I'll eventually get around to detailing the engine compartment and underbody. Details: 351C 2V, auto, light ivy yellow with dark green top/leather interior. Hope you enjoy it. Mike.

Attachments

·
Registered
406 Posts
That is one sweet cougar! Real flashy with those troq-thrust 2's on there, looks great. Go for the dual exhaust - you've got every car guy's dream car to work on ...unrestored but a real good start - one owner - all the original goodies... have fun with it and welcome to the boards! - Chad

·
Registered
3,371 Posts
Looks like a great start to a great relationship.. have fun and welcome to the board. Also check out WWW.theclassiccougarnetwork.com ans join it it is also an excellent soure if info..

Don :D

F

·
0 Posts
Great Car! I hope I get a chance to see it on the streets of Cleveland this summer. Are you on the East\West side?? Cleveland has the great 6 months of cruising May-Nov then back in the garage.:mad: Crummy weather is right.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
new pics

finally got some decent weather to pull the coug out of hibernation to snap some more pictures...

Attachments

·
Registered
3,371 Posts
Ahhhhhhh $4100 .....Those were the days:D

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
just got some bad news this morning. the man responsible for the excellent car and feeding of my car, my grandfather ("Poppy"), passed away this morning. he had a good life and worked hard and produced a great family. just felt if i posted, it would help me in the healing process and he deserves it. not looking for condolences, just say a quick prayer if you could, he was a very good person, thanks guys, mike.

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
Sometimes its hard to deal with the reality of life, we all have lost loved ones and can feel your pain Mike. Be strong and know that your grandfather has moved on to a better place and that he is with god now. Right now I am dealing with a family member that is in ICU after being lifeflighted from a car accident. I'll say a pryer for you and your family.
John
wvcat

·
Registered
2,691 Posts
Mark, sorry to hear about your "Poppy". I went back to Minnesota to celebrate my dad's 80th birthday 2/22/22 on 02/22/02! At that age it's great to celebrate the living and remember those who have past. With your Cougar you will always have great memories of him. Now it truly is a family heirloom. Take care of it
:)

Tim B

1 - 18 of 18 Posts