Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thought I would post some pics of my project in progress for you guys to see. It's a 69 as you can see. Just finished building the 351W , rebuilt FMX and 9 inch with 3.70's in the rear. Paint coming next month. Interior is almost done with the exception of carpet and passenger seat. I know Im going to here it from the purists about the custom dash but I couldn't stand the fake wood grain any longer. Sorry guys. My mom bought this car off the lot in 69 so we are the original owners. Always been a SoCal car so there is very little rust.

Attachments

·
Registered
406 Posts
Nice car! Ok I'm not too much of a fan of the woodgrain either, so I'm going to say that I like your dash ;) Nice job it works well with the racing atmosphere of the rest of your interior. Nice rear chrome and everything back there, I don't see any little dings or anything and it looks real clean - you're lucky. Are you going to test it on the dyno/quarter mile any time soon? I bet you could get some decent times with that set up. I love those FMX transmission, it's a shame they didn't make more. I like the draglite style rims too - I'm planning on a set of those for mine actually. I'm looking forward to the pics of the painted product - Chad

·
Premium Member
2,048 Posts
I LIKE IT!! That looks great!

I wish I had pictures but back in December for the DFW cats car show, we had a yound mexican fellow who was up visiting in his Cougar. He had completely custom fabbed an entire dash and console out of burled walnut, it was an incredible piece of craftsmanship and ingenuity.

·
Registered
406 Posts
Holy Cow!

Damn that looks so good. I want one - infact I'm going to live out the rest of my days in search of the means to purchase one, or make one like that. Thanks leon for the glorious pic! - Chad

·
Registered
364 Posts
leather or walnut...

they both look good to me! they both look like they took a great deal of time, too.

just one request for all you california cats: please have the common decency to strip the leaves off the trees and sprinkle some fake snow on the ground when you post photos in the middle of january. those of us who can't even get our cougars started in the winter are getting a bit peeved.:cry:

·
Premium Member
2,048 Posts
hahahah... I guess I could've gone and actually LOOKED at my own club's site... That Bob Arnold photographs everything... But, yep, that's the one!

·
Registered
3,371 Posts
Hey "73"

It's Friday and the sun is shining temp is in the 50s the roads are dry and I'm leaving work early and I'm takin' the cat out this afternoon for some exersize:1poke:

Back to the thread..... Great looking interiors I love them both I really like the custom console action with the wood grain... I makes me go Hmmmmmmm.

Don:cyclops

·
Registered
1,832 Posts
Hey Kona, Is that dash insert aluminum or stainless. Are you going to do the pass side to match? I think it would look good that way. I always loved the engine turned stainless dash pieces that my 65 Marlin had. I would love to learn how to do that and make a set for my 69.mm

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
aluminum dash

Hey Modified,

It is aluminum. I cut it and ended up using an air grinder with really fine paper to give it tha matte finish. I have the insert for the other side already cut and is waiting at my friends shop. He has a CNC and is going to scribe the Cougar logo into for me. Pretty sweet.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts