Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I never thought it would come but I am looking to see my cougar. I’m not sure where to go but I found this and will start here.

The car is located outside of Chicago. Has just under 50k miles on it. Very original but that’s the problem. For about 20 years the car just sat outside under some tarps and did get rusted out on one fender and the general areas like bottom of the quarter panels. Dings are around this car. And someone hit the passenger side at about 10-15mph enough to scrape and dent in the door skin but no structural damage was done. I managed to get the car running again thanks to a shop, flushed out the cooling system, replaced the radiator, water pump, thermostat, and the belts. I have yet to even perform an oil change on it. It is on its 2nd set of tires ever, back from the 70's old bias-ply I think that’s what they are called. The car can be driven quite well, after doing the cooling system the car really picks up and can be driven for quite some time with no problems. Anything the car came with is I believe here, even the owners manual. Some of the interior stitching has come apart over the years but I can’t find any tears or holes. Dash pad looks good. I know the radio doesn’t work from what I can figure out. Chrome is there but some of it is pitting, original wheels and covers are still there. Heat works, horn works, lights and vacuums all work. It is a very light faded green exterior and a black interior.

But I am moving to Boston a bit sooner than I thought and would prefer to sell it now than bring it with me. I will try to post pictures in the next few days once I get them developed. Like I said, body is a sore site, mainly that door, but mechanically it runs great. If anyone has ever wanted an original cougar, this would be it. I am not a car guy if you could not tell, so if there is something you need more info on please let me know, I will do my best.

thanks,
mike [email protected]

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
okay so i have had more emails than i thought. as for my price, i really dont know what is fair, judgeing from what i see online this can go from 500-3000 so all im saying is the first decent offer and if you can come to the chicago suburbs, it is yours. i havnt been able to scan pictures but i found some taken a few months back right before we got it in running order that i am posting. so these should gve you an idea. thanks again

[email protected]

Attachments

·
Registered
34 Posts
68 289

If you set a price I can tell you for sure if I'll buy it! I live in Detroit but will make the trip if the price is right!

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
wgcbamc, go to the main menu on the home page, then member list and try emailing bsd directly! Just my .032 CDN cents worth!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts