Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,915 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This my 1967 Standard, Cinnamon Frost Poly with Saddle interior. It has 80,000 original miles and was a 1 owner car. I bought it back in April of 2000 and wrecked it in June. I rear-ended a car that cut me off and then slammed the on the brakes. I had nowhere to go and hit him at about 25 mph. Gotta love the power-drum 4 wheel slide! With the help of my friends Mike, Art and Daniel I was able to get her back on the road in August. I hadn't planned on restoring my car so soon but the full coverage insurance sure saved me. I was able to enter it in the San Diego Cougar Club's car show in September and took home 1st place in "Under Construction". A tip for you guys take a painted car and remove the bumper a guarnteed 1st prize in "under construction" JUST KIDDING!! I have been putting the finishing touches on it and only have a couple of trim pieces left to put back on. This IS my daily driver and I even have car seats in it for my 2 kids.
Garey

Attachments

·
Registered
2,691 Posts
Garey,

Very nice car. I saw it at the show. I was doing part of the judging for paint/body/trim/chrome/glass. I thought you'd have a good shot at an award next year, competition being equal. Great color combo and very nice body work. I never judged before, it's a lot of work, but it's fun.

Here's a pic I took of your car ;-)

Tim B
1969 XR7 428 CJR convertible
http://members.aol.com/timbrands/index.html

·
Premium Member
1,915 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Deer Park

Thank you Tim. I do remember you and your Cougar. Your car was/is gorgeous. I do plan to have "Ginger", I too name cars, ready for The 2002 CCOA West Coast Nationals hosted by my club The Southern California Cougar Club. It has been an awesome experience. Thanks for the pic. It was a Great day wasn't it?
Xr7Gt

·
Registered
210 Posts
Just wanted to say...

... that your '67 is a very good looking Cat. I will be attending The 2002 CCOA West Coast Nationals hosted by The Southern California Cougar Club. This will be my first time to a CCOA event. I am very excited about it. Look forward to seeing your Cat out there... I'm sure "ginger" will be very well groomed by then!

·
Premium Member
1,915 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks

Look forward to seeing you at the Nats, Do you plan on attending the Fabulous Fords show at Knott's Berry Farm on the 14th of April?
What part of CA do you live in?

Attachments

·
Registered
210 Posts
I hope to make...

... the Fabulous Fords show at Knott's Berry Farm in April. That's supposed to be my birthday present since my birthday is on the 21st. I was hoping to have my Coug by then so that I could drive her down there. The owner of of what was to be my Coug and I coulnd't reach an agreement on a fair price for the car. So the hunt is still on! I'll find a Coug again one of these days!

Anyway, I live in Stockton, CA. It's in the Central Valley south of sacramento. I just moved back to Cali. I spent 3 years in Augusta, Georgia and a year in Cincinnati, Ohio before I finally made it back. Glad to be back though... can't wait to get my hands on another Coug! If you know anyone selling in your area please let me know... I'm looking for a project. Look forward to seeing Ginger and you at the shows!

·
Registered
5,299 Posts
under construction????????? THIS is under construction... i will paint today come hell or high water or (gasp) even wind or rain!!!!!!!!!

oh yeah, and even without a front license plate, a rear license plate, front bumper, rear bumper, front turn signals, outside rear view mirror, windshield wipers or front or rear marker lights. ( dont forget the eye catching looks at the moment... ) i still havent caught any gruff from Johnny law. :D if i got pulled over im sure it would be hard to look innocent with all that and the gutted interior.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,915 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Me thinks you mock me

Here you go. Bought the car in April, wrecked in June, fixed body June thru August. Put back together August 2001-March 2002. 4 pieces left to do front hood moldings (Being re-anodized) and 1/4 emblems put back on. You had better have that car ready for Fab Fords @ Knotts, you have 3 weeks to get it done :)

Attachments

·
Registered
5,299 Posts
it will be done, i painted the front and rear valances the mirror, the and the gravel guard yesterday. today it went in the spray booth. i shot the sealer on it, and laid down the white stripes for it. i masked the pattern for the stripes and we ran out of time for class today :( so, tomorrow i get to be the first one there and shoot some adhesion promotor over it, touch up some spots on the striped ( scratched it with a ruler i was using to help lay them down D'OH! ) and shoot the basecoat, get it all pretty then lay down the clear with my bad ass Sharpe Cobalt 1.2 mm hvlp which may soon be upgraded to the Shape Titanium 1.3 mm unless my connection comes through and i can get the Satajet Nr2000 Digital ( maybe for $320!!!!!!). the Titanium can be had for $180 though .... i have the hook up he he he. oh yeah, in case you cant tell, it was a long day and im tired now lol. ramble ramble ramble

1 - 9 of 9 Posts