Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,
I'm new to the discussions, I've been reading and viewing mercurycougar.net for a while and finally registered on the site. Anyway, here is a picture of my cat. I've been working on her for about two years strong, as money and time comes along. Next year I have a 351w that I'm rebuilding that is going in and hopefully a new paint job. From the pictures it looks pretty good, but it had a crap paint job before I got it. It's in the original color, Jamaican Yellow. At first I wasn't sure if I liked the color, but it has grown on me. This past year I took out the old 8" rear and replaced it with a 9" with Richmond 3.89's and an Auburn Gear differential. Also, junked out the old C-4 and replaced it with a 1970 C-4 with a 2,600 TCI stall and rebuilt the valve body. When the 351w gets put in thinking of going with a 3,000 TCI stall and 4.33 gears. Two years ago I went with e Weld Racing Draglites, love the things. I have 15x6's up front and 15x8's on the rears. Love the muscle car look. Hope all of you enjoy the photo and let me know if you have any comments or questions. Thanks.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,141 Posts
Very nice. Got any from different angles? :)

·
Registered
406 Posts
Nice car! I like the setup, and I've been thinking about maybe adding a set of those rims to my car. - Chad

·
Registered
3,371 Posts
It looks really good!!!!!: :D :D

Keep upthe good work!!

Don:cool:

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for all the comments. I was going to ask if anybody has used or listened to some Flowmaster mufflers. I have Hedman Headers on my car with Purple Hornie glasspacks, wanting to do away with the glass packs. But want the loud, deep, throaty sound. Was wondering id somebody has them on their car. I was looking at the 40 series, they seem to be the loudest strait through Flowmaster muffler.

·
Registered
2,691 Posts
Normally I'd say the 2 chamber mufflers are too loud. But with your combo I have a feeling you'd like it. I haven't heard the newer 40 or 50 series Flomasters, but I had them on my then new 5.0 Mustang, 2 chamber. Loud but they sounded great. They have sort of a chambered exhaust sound, deep and metallic.

It sounds like a great set up, a pretty car that's not over done. What a sleeper!

Tim B
1969 XR7 428 CJR convertible
http://members.aol.com/timbrands/index.html

·
Registered
406 Posts
What Tim said...

I had a set of 3 inch 40 series on my 70 Cougar. They sounded so great - I seriously got compliments everyday! - Chad

·
Registered
3,371 Posts
I have flowmasters on my '68 302/4v and they sound great!!! I hardly listen to thr radio anymore when I'm out and about...

Don:cool:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts