Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,369 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have any personal contact/info with anybody connected to MU? If so, please contact me through PM..
Thanks
Chuck

·
Registered
2,493 Posts
something go horribly wrong chuck?

·
Registered
1,369 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Not horribly yet, but certainly frustrating. Ordered the fuel sending unit we talked about on 5/11. Was back ordered. (somewhat specialty part---understandable). More or less given 3 different dates when due in. Finally showed as in wharehouse on line last Tuesday. Was told would ship last Tues, then was told again it would ship last Fri. As of today still showing on line as in wharehouse and I still do not have. Figured I'd wait until tomorrow or Thurs and then make another call. Just would be nice to be able to ask for someone that might actually be able to assist me the next time I call and have the average 12-15 minute hold time. On a good note though they have not charged my Credit Card yet and I got my catalog yesterday!!!! LOL!!!
Thanks
Chuck

·
Registered
1,369 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Just an additional note: I sent them an e-mail through their site a hour or so ago. That's another reason I'm probably waiting until Thurs. Wanted to give time to respond. Was just looking ahead with this question just in case.
Thanks
Chuck

·
Premium Member
5,758 Posts
Chuck,
if your car is a standard model setup with a 1 wire then go to advance auto parts.I bought my sending unit from them n it works great.See if MU can give you your money back n go to a local parts store n buy 1.

thanks
pat

·
Registered
1,369 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the thought Pat. Not quite that simple however. The sending unit I'm getting is a little more than a regular sending unit: http://restorationpartssource.com/store/product59174.html Has the return line for EFI already in it. Funny thing is I could of ordered straight from the manufacturer, or the co. linked, but saved $6-$7 on the part and another $5 or so on the shipping by going the MU route....
Thanks
Chuck

1 - 6 of 6 Posts