Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
780 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking at doing a big brake kit swap for my 67 Cougar project and for the price it looks like the Mustang Steve brake swap is the best bang for the buck. Already have the drum brake spindles so the kit come with the brakets for them and 2005 -2010 Mustang calipers and discs are a dime a dozen locally as well as Ebay for a good price.

I like the idea of having newer technology braking and keeping to Ford parts for ease of future brake jobs unlike some other kits that use Chevy rotors with Cadillac calipers.

Has anyone done this swap and if so any comments or pics of the swap?

Thanks!

·
Registered
700 Posts
I did the mustang steve swap both front and rear. No picks available right now, but the parts fit perfectly and I was able to shop around and get some brand new gt dealer take off parts dirt cheap. I had been looking at wilwood and this was just so much cheaper.

·
Registered
2,493 Posts
i have done the ultrastang rear setup , i like it, uses all sn95 gt or cobra parts

·
Registered
780 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Just looked at the Ultrastang website and the price for the fronts is the same as Mustang Steves kit but the rears are a better price.

Do you have any pics of the SN95 brakes on your car?

·
Registered
2,493 Posts
here you go!

·
Registered
780 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks jk69cat. Did you do the fronts as well or just added the kit to ad the rear discs? Being you have a 69 I am assuming just the rear so did you change the master cylinder to a 4 wheel disc unit or added a prop valve?

·
Registered
2,493 Posts
actually that is my 64 galaxie, the system, is 78-79 tbird disks and master and a gm intermediate prop valve, i have yet to get the car on the road so i cant tell you manners, the 69 , the front is oe disk, i am going to try the org master at first and then see how it acts

·
Registered
780 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I remember you were converting to EFI around the same time I was with my 69.

I might try the SN95 Mustang 4 wheel disc master and booster like what Ultrastang talks about as it will save from needing the prop valve and all the other add ons.

·
Registered
2,493 Posts
still kinda am lol, i am concentrating on my 64 right now and my f150, it sounds like a good idea, the sn95 master, ijsut havent got that far,

1 - 9 of 9 Posts