Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,237 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got my mustang&ford mag, lord and behold they have another cougar in it. A 69 vert and it's even my favorite cat color.(calypso coral) cool... cool...cool

·
Registered
3,141 Posts
I saw that. I didn't recognize the owner - Kendall Wilder out of Waterloo, IL. - Anyone know him?
That is a nice looking cat.

·
Premium Member
5,758 Posts
its about time they start using the cougars to use in their magazine. I seen alot of other cars like fairlanes,torinos mavericks and so forth.Im glad they are nodding their heads and finally reconizing our cats as a great automobile
thanks
pat

·
Registered
3,141 Posts
Correct me if I'm wrong, but it seems since we "informed" them of the Cougar's following (when they said that they were no good for modifying :1poke: ) they try to get a Cougar in there somewhere every couple of months. And that is definitely a GOOD thing.
First Mustang & Fords - Then the world!!!! :D:

·
Premium Member
2,048 Posts
On the back page, they're begging folks to send in reader's rides.. They had to borrow from another mag this month as they ran right out of submissions.

·
Premium Member
1,915 Posts
About time for them to put a car other than a Mustang on the cover as well.
Am I the only one to notice but they had the same 68 Fastback on the cover for the February and March issues. Go check for yourself.

I wish there was a magazine that had a bit more substance.

·
Registered
209 Posts
I just read that magazine today. I have seen a few Cougars trickling into their magazine but it is still not enough. I did send my pic of my car to them since they are running low on pics. Hopefully it will be in there. Anyone else send their pics in?? It would be awesome if a lot of us sent in our pics to see how many got there pics in. Who says that Cougars aren't great for modifying? I have seen a lot of great modified Cougars on this web site. Lets show them that Cougars are great to modify. Lets prove them wrong!! Keep up the great work guys and gals!!

·
Registered
600 Posts
Well mine is not worthy of a Magazine but when it is done i will gladly send mine in i would like to see a 71-73 make it in!

·
Registered
1,832 Posts
xr7gt, you need to look at the photos of those two issues again. There not the same car.

I know where you guys are coming from in wanting to see more Cougars in it but stop and think, the mags name is Mustangs & Fords. I would think that it would be understandable to see Mustangs on the cover although I belive they could mix a few others in once and a while.

They have to appeal to the masses and there are some out there who wouldnt want to see a mag full of Cougars each month. I really think there doing quite a good job of keeping it mixed up and giving a little bit of everything to everyone.

Heck there project car right now is a Mercury Comet! I subscribed to there magazine for the vareity they provide and though I think some things could be better I still enjoy it. mm

·
Premium Member
1,915 Posts
MM
That 68 is the same on both covers.
Look at the hood pins, the fog lights, fender flares, stance, color rocker moldings, etc etc. It is the same car. It just has a "sticker" kit of magnets when he races.
On the March issue look at the license plate on the car WRY 340 if you look at the feb issue it is hard to read the plate on the cover, but open the mag to the very first page. Taa Daa, further proof can be found on page 88 of the feb issue.

No further questions your honor.
:)

·
Registered
3,141 Posts
Next month will have a 71 429 CJ.

·
Registered
3,141 Posts
"Am I the only one to notice but they had the same 68 Fastback on the cover for the February and March issues. Go check for yourself."

Yep, same car.
So what.
Who cares?
It's a nice car.

"I wish there was a magazine that had a bit more substance."

You mean like HOTROD? :1poke:

·
Premium Member
1,915 Posts
I have had a subscription to Hot Rod for years. It is a nice magazine to read. I don't really tweak my Cougar per an article I have read in HR
M&F is the best we've got, I do use it to make decisions on how to restore my Cougar, I am only saying it could be a bit better.

·
Registered
885 Posts
Modified,

Like the others, I believe that '68 coupe is the same on both covers. Personally, I'd like to see more Mercs, and in particular, a Cougar restomod project. I like Mustangs just fine. By the way, I did see your smiling face in a dirt track Cougar, and Leon Bray's stable in an M&F issue last fall. I hope that wasn't the most M&F ever had to say about the sign of the cat.

Steve C.

·
Registered
1,832 Posts
OK, I stand corrected!! I really didnt give it that much attention.

I still say that your going to find more Cougars in Mustangs and Ford than you will find other places. At least till someone comes out with a Cougars and Mercurys magazine!!!!!!!

·
Premium Member
1,915 Posts
That would be awesome Cougars and Fords

1 - 16 of 16 Posts