Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i hate to mention the m word here but this sweet old fastback convertable has been for sale a couple block from my house and i hate to see it rotting away out there and i dont have the money right now

i dont know what year he doesnt either (kinda questionable if you ask me) he assures me it runs okay (i dont really know what he means by okay) but im thingking of taking it for a test drive to see and the moter that run the top need fixing

·
Premium Member
3,404 Posts
well. any Mustang Fastback is going up in price, earlier cars bringing more, if it's rust free, and all pieces there, and depending on year, it would be a good investment.
Whats a Fastback convertable, if you can, take a picture and send it to me and Ill let you know the year.
Rick

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
okay ill grab the digital and take a couple pictures of it and its got a rust hole in the right front fender and its the ugliest lime green iv ever seen youd probaly have to replace the whole interior its a real fixer upper maybe ill take a couple of pictures of my baby kitten:D

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i don have a cat yet im saving money but intill then its just time to work on the chevelle its a sweet white 68 with crager ss rims i have allot to do on the engine and a little on the body

·
Registered
5,299 Posts
so wait wait wait, is it a fastback? or a convertible? and yes, where is it from? and rust? whats that? lol..... ahh Cali is good.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
im starting to think this guy was smokin something becasue went the fastack all hardtop but ill go there sometime this week and take a couple pictures and if hell lend me the keys ill pop the hood and look then take it for a ride

and i live in kansas city 9i hate this town you dont see mush except rice and beaters

·
Registered
144 Posts
I'm a big mustang fan as well as cougars. I really know my mustangs. ALL fastbacks were hardtops. There is no such thing as a fastback convertible. There is the fastback, the hardtop, and the convertible. That's all that was made.

·
Registered
5,299 Posts
in addition there were no vinyl top fastbacks as well. in case the guy thinks that that makes it a Convt. who knows. if hell sell it cheap then he can call it whatever he wants lol.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
yup i dont know what he want it said 5000 obo from what he says it in pretty good shape but iv only seen the exterior driving by but there is a huge rust hole

·
Registered
144 Posts
Very few fastbacks had a vinyle top....and it wasn't the whole top that was vinyled. Those mustangs were called "Stallions". Very rare vehicles!! If that's what it is......BUY IT! you could get rich off that car in a restored state :)

·
Registered
1,832 Posts
Actually if you know mustangs, there are no such things as fastbacks!! There called sports roofs. Ford never called them fastbacks. mm

·
Registered
5,299 Posts
or 2+ 2 in the earlier models

·
Registered
144 Posts
yeah you are right. but the general public mainly knows them as fastbacks, so that is what they are referred to most of the time.

·
Registered
1,832 Posts
Ok, I'll buy that. But the only thing I ever heard called a kamback was a American Motors Eagle.mm

1 - 19 of 19 Posts