Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone,

Happy New Year.

I was wondering if anyone has any experience with intalling Mustang pre-bent brake and fuel lines on a Cougar ? (see attached), front, rear and axle housing pre-bent brake lines are all available but I wasn't sure the "rear" brake line in particular would fit since the Cougar is a bit longer than a MUstang ?

Ditto with the fuel line, I've tried to bend up my own with not the greatest luck yet, a pre-bent stainless one would be nice, not sure how I would install a pre-bent fuel line though, brakelines.jpg getting it under the driver's side seat (through the floor-boards) and through the fender would seem to be a challenge with a one piece line ?

fuel.jpg
Thanks,

David

·
Registered
1,422 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi Dave,

I have a 68, thanks a lot for the link to fine-lines, I wasn't aware of them. Awesome collection by the way !

Thanks again,

David

·
Registered
85 Posts
I recently got a set of prebent stainless brake lines for my 1968 from Inline Tube. They fit fine, and look very nice. Every single hard line is included in the kit, from master cylinder, to distribution block and proportioning valve, to each wheel.

I didn't get them, but they do offer fuel lines as well. There has got to be a way to get a prebent fuel line in I would think. How did the assembly plant build the cars originally?

http://www.inlinetube.com/

·
Registered
5,633 Posts
The Mustang fuel line does not fit. I had one that I got in a big parts buy and I made it work by cutting it and inserting an inline fuel filter in the gap. It still is not 100% right, but we made it work.

·
Premium Member
2,303 Posts
I bought mine from WCCC. The install was a pain only because I did it on the ground.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks again for the help everyone, as per finelines, I wasn't aware of inline tube either, will check them out for sure, thanks Andy. Thanks as well Bill re: the Mustang fuel line, I kind of thought that would be the case. Happy New Year, hopefully 2011 will see my 68 on the road and maybe even at the track !

·
Premium Member
13,577 Posts
Contrary to Bills experience, I bought a sway bar fuel line (since I planned on putting a sway bar in) for a moostang and was able to make it fit properly. In fact, I have all moostang lines on the entire car and had minimal problems getting them to fit.

With regard to the fuel line install, there is a junction under the drivers feet right behind the torque box where a rubber piece of line joins the two pieces of metal line.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts