Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,112 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Larry Jewett, Editor of Mustang & Fords Magazine, has requested our help. M&F will be doing a 4 to 6 page article featuring the 35th anniversary of the Cougar in their December issue. Larry has asked all interested Classic-Cougar enthusiasts to please answer the following questions and respond directly to him. Larry quotes "We could do a straight history piece, but why not include the people who know these cars in and out?" He needs all submissions by August 15th and would also welcome pictures of owners cars as attachments to the e-mail. Please respond directly to Larry at: [email protected]
Here are the questions:

1) Which Cougar is your favorite and why?
2) What is it about the Cougar that is attractive to you?
3) What was your first Cougar?
4) If Mercury would decide to do a "Living Legends" Cougar, what
should it be?
5) Do you feel Cougars are unappreciated or underappreciated in
automotive history?

Don't miss this opportunity to influence the content in Mustang &
Fords magazine!

·
Registered
5,299 Posts
if i only had my computer at home up and running hed get about 150 pics of my car........

·
Contributing Member
2,897 Posts
sent mine out tonight as soon as i could glad they are starting to enjoy our cats.

·
Registered
300 Posts
*** I've sent this out twice and it's come back undeliverable
*** to that address... what the...????

okie dokie,

I sent mine out as well... with plugs to MC.NET and SCCC.COM

:)

Robert

PS - Steve, since your computer's not working and I have photoshop here, I sent yours in for you. I sent in that picture of you next to your Honda Civic with all the decals on it. The one that says american cars are crap. Also forwarded along with that, your email address, phone number and home address. Hope that's ok. :D

·
Registered
3,371 Posts
I'm with Robert (OC) I sent mine out and it comes back undeliverable.....:angryfi:

Don

·
Registered
448 Posts
M&F

Jim,
I emailed him yesterday and responded almost immediately. he even commented on my website. Here is the email address that I responded to.

[email protected]

I can't wait to see what they do for the Cougar. It is the only performance car mag that pays any attention to the cat, as well as the other great non-mustang Fords. I read it often, and am usually pleasantly surprised by theiy content.
Paul G.
69 XR7 Cougar (lobbied hard for pics of my car in their mag!!)
http://home.sprynet.com/~pamar/cougar.html

·
Contributing Sr Motorhead
5,470 Posts
Sent my reply off yesterday. Got a nice note back today. I really bent his ear about not seeing enough Mercury 'cousins', just the 'normal' Ford stuff (yawn)! We'll see what happens.

·
Registered
694 Posts
I tried but photos wouldn't attach....

I sent in a survey for it but I guess my computer is goofing up. I'm gonna try and put a couple of photos on here.......

·
Registered
3,141 Posts
Sent my .02 along with a couple of pics, no problems. Even received a nice email back from Larry. He's going to be at Fun Ford Weekend at New England dragway this weekend so I will try to track him down and explain why Cougars are SOOOOO much better than Mustangs! :D

1 - 13 of 13 Posts