Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
307 Posts
Gary,thanks for posting this here.I've still got my mufflers for the Boss but they are definitly on my replace list.

·
Premium Member
6,980 Posts
We, (West Coast Classic Cougar) have been in steady contact with Scott Fuller for those XR7-G exhaust tips. He has even replicated the stamped part number on those tips. We will have them available as soon as they are back from the platers and detailed.

Sold as a pair only, all of the XR7-G's received dual exhaust, even the F code 302-2V cars.

·
Registered
7 Posts
CougarCJ is correct. The Cougar tips that I am fabricating will only be available through West Coast Classic Cougar. I will not offer them through my website. It is a limited run.

They are exact copies of the original tips using original drawings and original samples as patterns. I made all the tooling from scratch to exactly match the originals, including the S8WS part number stamped into the tube, just like the originals. Made entirely in the USA.

I hope to have them back from the chrome plater this week and ready to send to West Coast Classic Cougar the following week.

I would have posted information about the tips earlier, but have had issues with registration on this site until today.

Scott
www.ScottFullerReproductions.com

·
Registered
63 Posts
Scott, can you tell me what the inlet diameter is? I have 2-1/2" tailpipes. Would I need a reducer to use these?

·
Premium Member
6,980 Posts
Scott, can you tell me what the inlet diameter is? I have 2-1/2" tailpipes. Would I need a reducer to use these?
These tips have a 1.75 or 1-3/4 inch inside diameter.
According to the guys over in the Shelby camp these tips slipped over a tapered or necked down exhaust pipe, and used a clamp.

Al Juraco has an original exhaust XR7-G. I don't have my pictures on this computer that show the connection. Maybe Al can supply us a picture?

I have the reproduction XR7-G exhaust tips listed on our catalog. See them here.

·
Registered
1,598 Posts
The current repo tips installed on my original exhaust system. What's the price on the new tips? What would I gain buying the new ones vs the current repo tips.

2008_1019XR7Gcougar0083.jpg

·
Premium Member
6,980 Posts
The current repo tips installed on my original exhaust system. What's the price on the new tips? What would I gain buying the new ones vs the current repo tips.

View attachment 24324
Those the Branda repops for the 1967 GT-500?

Not sure that you would gain anything, these are exact replicas of the OEM XR7-G exhaust tips. List price is $385.00 for the pair.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts