Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
406 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My drafting teacher tells me of an older movie that has a blue cougar in it. He didn't know for sure what year the car was, but he said that my car reminded him of it. He didn't know for sure the name of the movie, but he thinks it was called, "Blue Velvet" Does this movie exist? If so, was it actually called, "Blue Velvet?" - Chad

·
Registered
2 Posts
The movie is called Blue Velvet. It's a David Lynch (remember Twin Peaks) film and was released in 1986. Dennis Hopper and Isabella Rosallini were in the film.....in any case...I do recall a blue Cougar. Can't recall the year though. Your local Blockbuster will have it in stock. It's somewhat of a cult classic. Very bizarre film to say the least...

·
Registered
406 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the info. I suppose i'll just pick it up, fast forward to the cougar parts then rewind it and watch the whole thing. - Chad

·
Registered
163 Posts
Cougar or no Cougar, it's still worth seeing. Without a doubt the best role Dennis Hopper ever had ;)

Just don't expect it to make much sense.

·
Registered
34 Posts
"Bullet" is a great car flic. No Cougar, but a nasty Mustang. Also, in "Heat" with Al Pacino and Rober Deniro and Val Kilmer. In the last gun fight towards the end, the fight goes into a super market parking lot. There is a '67 Cougar right there. Kinda cool.:cool:

·
Registered
406 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
...How about that "Fast and the Furious" every dumb import can do a 10 second quarter mile in that movie. I guess it's pretty easy to get four bangers in the 10's. - Chad ;)

·
Registered
2,691 Posts
My favorite Cougar movie car is the (surprise!) 1969 428CJ convert. in the James Bond "On Her Majesty's Secret Service", driven by Dianna Rigg, who become the only MRS. James Bond ever. Before that she was Mrs Emma Peale from the Avengers, a very cool show.

Tim B
1969 XR7 428 CJR convertible
http://members.aol.com/timbrands/index.html

·
Registered
406 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Aww yes Bond. I have a model of that cougar... Tim that Cougar was in "From Dusk Till Dawn?" What part in the movie does it show up in? I love that movie, but seemed to have missed my favorite animal. - Chad

·
Registered
2,691 Posts
You couldn't miss it. It was in the first 1/4 of the movie...........the only part I saw. You couldn't miss it. I didn't watch all of it, someone told me it was a vampire flick! I need to rent it again and finish watching it. Weird movie..........and I thought Blue Velvet was logical ;-)

Tim B
1969 XR7 428 CJR convertible
http://members.aol.com/timbrands/index.html

·
Registered
406 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I'm going to have to see it again too. It's a good movie - A bunch of hot naked vampire chicks, hearts getting ripped out of people's bodies, and then of course the "male sexual organ" gun [if you haven't seen it then see it and you'll no what i'm talking about!] - Chad

·
Registered
2 Posts
I don't know which was better to look at: The '68 cruising down the highway, or Salma Hayek pouring that beer down her leg into the guy's mouth. Hmmm.

Wait, okay, Salma wins.

But the '68 was definitely a head-turner. ;)

·
Registered
3,371 Posts
OOOOOOOhhhhhhhhh YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ps .... don't tell the ole lady:rolleyes:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts