1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
13,577 Posts
Schwing!!!!

·
Registered
1,853 Posts
You lifted that by the carberator mounting bolts? How high of a lift did you use? How did you get the engine to tilt? Man just those pictures scare me. Looks awesome though. What engine is that?

·
Registered
11,950 Posts
Weehoo! Good looking one too!

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
You lifted that by the carberator mounting bolts? How high of a lift did you use? How did you get the engine to tilt? Man just those pictures scare me. Looks awesome though. What engine is that?
Yup.. Was a little scary.. I just used a standard cherry picker. The engine tilted just about perfect by using the front hook on the lift plate. thats all I used. No leveler at all.
I also jacked up the rear about a foot for better clearance underneath. Had to cut off about a half inch of the A-arm bolts so the headers would clear. Its a warmed over 390.

·
Registered
1,853 Posts
Good Job. Hard to believe those little bolts held all that! You didn't have any room to spare either!

·
Registered
945 Posts
sweet ! :smoke:

·
Registered
11,950 Posts
I've been a little leary about using the carb bolts on an aluminum intake myself - I bought one of those plates and never used it!

·
Registered
316 Posts
Old trick also is a skate board , place it under trans tail housing and it will roll right back with the help of some one . no manual lifting under the car .

·
Registered
7,552 Posts
NICE! Tight fit for sure, I think I would have got the engine almost all the way down, and then tried to bolt up the headers, rather than all at once. Congrats on getting it in!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts