Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 20 of 91 Posts

·
Registered
2,853 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Lets hear from everybody on this. I want to know what the "most popular/favorite " cougar paint color is:
from the original color choices for the 67-73 cats.. SOUND OFF CAT FANS..

COUGRRRMAN SAYS: 67 lime frost poly same as 69 med. lime metallic. :D

·
Registered
300 Posts
I've thoughts of repainting my 67 bench to the original Lime Frost Poly. A co-member in SoCalCougarClub has an identical car to mine and she's having it painted this month... I'll judge from that to see what fresh Lime Frost Poly looks like.

Maybe she'll park it next to me in the Nat's so people can see her "good" next to my "bad & ugly" hehe. Hm, do they let "display only" park anywhere near the judge cars? or will I be parked in the corner with a rotating banner on my roof, marking the location of the restrooms... hmmmmm..

Robert

·
Registered
5,299 Posts
most Cougars and Mustangs ive run into were originally Lime Frost Poly.... most of them seem to be red now though............

·
Registered
1,832 Posts
I'm not just saying it because mine is that color, but I really do like the 69 med blue metalic. Its part of the reason I bought the one I did. I like the Calypso Coral also. mm

·
Registered
889 Posts
burgandy/black cherry

I think its a 67 color.like a burgandy-blackcherry-maroon color.My first cougar was that a 67-289 standard Dan

Attachments

·
Registered
67 Posts
colors

I've had 3 cougars over the years and my personal favorite was my first. I'm not sure of the technical name for it, but it was like a charcoal black...As far as most popular, my current cat is Cinnamon Frost (Antique Bronze Metallic?) and everyone over 40 less than 50 tells me they had one the same color when they were in high school...So I'd guess that was a pretty popular choice at the dealers lots in the 60's. I wonder if anyone has the production stats that they would care to share...And what the heck was the correct name for my Charcoal Black cat?

·
Contributing Member
2,897 Posts
competition green! the best color. course any green is good!

·
Registered
175 Posts
They're all nice, except...

for mine right now. Just about finished stripping the paint, so mine's all bare metal. Was planning on going canary yellow :D with it, but all of a sudden the road's full of that color. Now I'm thinking an indigo purple. :lol2:

·
Registered
3,371 Posts
cardinal red ala cougar#1 (the cougar in the cascade classics banner, the one on the left...

Don

·
Registered
2,145 Posts
That is a tough question? i dont know all the colors, need more input.
But. Calypso Coral is coool.
I like the new color on wvcat too, it reminds me of the color i painted my 67 tang.

·
Registered
5,299 Posts
as far as a favorite paint... i cant really argue with Competition Orange...... dan sweet color... looks even better on a 67/8 esp on a 67... no big ass marker lights. btw, if i had a 68 id put 70-73 marker lights on them. nice and flush.

·
Registered
433 Posts
color

Well, if everyone is going to pick the color of there car, I guess mine is 2 tone Primer Gray and faded blue! No, seriously, I like White on them.

·
Registered
1,832 Posts
I guess I'm to blame since I said I like the color of my car, but really didnt think everyone else would too. But like I said the color was a major part of the decision to buy mine. I mean some others listed some colors that all things being the same I would not have bought a car in that color. All things being the same means comparable cars and not needing paint.

Are all the colors so far posted standard colors for 67-73? If not they dont count. mm

1 - 20 of 91 Posts