Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been e-mailing back and forth with the owner of the cat I'm looking @. (See post "is this car worth it?") He said if I wanted any specific pics to ask for them and he would send them. Other than the interior and the back (none of the ones he's sent show it) are there any specific areas I should ask him to photo? The guy is being really cool w/ me about when I can get up there to look @ it and stuff. Thanx everyone......:D

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
I would ask about rust. The areas I know about on the 67-68's are the cowl, the front of rear quarters, rear window channel, the drip rails, and of course the floors/trunk. Next I would want to know if it was an xr7 and if it had air/console/or any other options. You might want to know if it has front disc brakes although that would not be a deciding factor for me. I would probably ask for an interior picture even if the seat/seats are torn just to see if its complete.
Good Luck
John
wvcat

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
Like John said...and if you can get the driver's door data plate numbers, it will tell you what drivetrain is has (had?)... maybe it came with a big block? Also, if you can get a shot of the engine-less bay, you'll be able to see if there is a tranny there or not. And if there is absolutely no interior, that interior shot will show the condition of the floor!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts