Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
5,299 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
these are a few shots of my Cougar in pre paint form. i plan to shoot it tomorrow if the paint gods smile apon me. the black stuff on the car is etching primer and the car was just water sanded in these pics.

Attachments

·
Registered
5,299 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
a shot of my poor dirty 351 sigh, i really really want to get te car shot so i can clean up my engine again...

Attachments

·
Registered
5,299 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
and im modifying the taillights a bit. i bought these ones at the Pomona swap meet just for this purpose. they came off of a 70 so i would have less ribs to cut off of them. they look good dammit, i just need to finish grinding the spots where the ribs were attached and paint the bezels. then i will have a new view to show all of those lil rice rockets out there :D

Attachments

·
Registered
5,299 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
one more

Attachments

·
Registered
5,299 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
but where did all of the trim and interior and body panels go?? why here of course

Attachments

·
Registered
5,299 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
and the only clean spot is where the Cougar sits in there

Attachments

·
Registered
246 Posts
Love your taillights. I might steal that idea.

·
Premium Member
3,404 Posts
There was a set of those on ebay a few weeks ago, I nearly cried, good ones are hard to find around here. I have a few 70 left and 1 69, you cant butcher those,lol.
Paint the frames body color and gas door trim too, that would look cool. Getting close to paint isnt it. Man, it's snowing here. I'm getting withdrawl already, time to re-orginize the cougar parts in the basement for the 1000th time. Hurry summer!!!

Rick.

When you get it painted, send me a really bad picture and a really good picture of the paint job for my site, before and after shots are so cool.

·
Registered
5,299 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
what? those pics arent bad enough?? :D on the other hand, i was thinking of blacking out the bezels on the car. i didnt really want to shoot them body colro because i m gonna shoot the car the same color gold, and i think gold bezels will look kinda cheesy. i might just leave them chrome too. well see, and ill show them on here when im done ( of course )

·
Contributing Sr Motorhead
5,470 Posts
Paint job

Sixt9,

Those black spots on your gold/bronze Cougar make it look more like a Cheetah! :p: I'd say Jaguar, but those are a little stodgier. Cheetahs are faster anyway...

Don't mind me, just a little leftover St Pat's day imbibing....

·
Registered
5,299 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
the bezel is held in place by about 8- 10 screws that secure it to the base. the lens is sandwiched between the two and the ribs actually dont support it at all. they are there for beauty and lens crack-proof-ness ( its a word NOW! ) The Cougar did not get painted today, but i will shoot the mirrors and front valace and other small trim tomorrow and the rest if the car on Wednesday. it is a school where i go and too many people want to shoot cars tomorrow so i have to wait. As far as the Cougar looking like a cheetah with all the spots.. i actually got a sudden urge for watermelon after staring at the black spots on the red primer..........

1 - 15 of 15 Posts