Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
we better include a few slow ones for lap dancing while on long road trips...In The Air Tonight-Phil Collins, Wicked Game-Chris Isaac...o yea, anything off of Van Halens first 2 records, yes...I said records...lol:rolleyes: :D ...Free For All-Nugent, Lets Go-Valens, Ridin'-Buckcherry, Miles From No-Where-Smithereens, and perhaps an assortment of Rick Wakeman and Emerson, Lake and Palmer....I always enjoy hearing American Pie too, and Mother Freedom by Bread....

·
Registered
127 Posts
Hmm...well...right now I only have factory radio with one speaker :mad: but I will fix that soon enough...I second the notion for Wicked Games though (nice video!! ;) ) but when I drive, I listen to more aggressive stuff...some mellow stuff too...

Rage Against the Machine
Tool
Onesidezero
The Doors
Rob Zombie
Deftones
Eminem :p:
Finch (awesome group!!!)
Unwritten Law
Slipknot
System of a Down
Mudvayne
Rammstein
Coldplay
Dave Matthews

Etc, etc...
:D

·
Registered
5,299 Posts
hmm, i only have the stock am/fm Stereo with no intentions of changint it out, but Metallicas "Fuel" ( if it ever gets airplay ) rules. Rage Against the Machine "Down Rodeo" while actuallly driving down the real Rodeo Drive was pretty cool. ( that and being the only mexican there in a loud car lol ) umm System of a Down rocks, Nirana, gotta love Rob Zombie, lots of Tupac, Dr Dre, Snoop, Sublime, and just about anything really. lots of rap and rock but the occasional pop music gets through my speakers too. not often but it does lol

oh yeah, Ramstein rocks too. well, once again.... whenever they get airplay.

·
Registered
3,201 Posts
One Song Each

I've got about a month before my cat gets back on the road, so what I would like to do is make a couple of recordings on tape, so that when we do ride again we will have some good vibes going.
During this month we are also going to get the radio/tape repaired or failing that find another old one that suits the setting and that works.

So, what I would like is for all of you to give me 1 [one] song that you think is the best to cruise to, or the best to calm you down in heavy traffic, I will make a cruisin tape and a relaxing tape.
Only one each tho' elso my brain will start frying and I will be back where I started. Our tastes run towards most of what has been posted here and elsewhere on the posts, except for no new thump thump junk, and screaming obsceneties, I have young uns in the car....sometimes.

By the way, anyone heard of Frank Zappa [I think thats his name] he had a song about a mountain, with someone growing out of his shoulder, the chrorus thing was 'don't f*** with billy"
going back years here. I think Billy was the mountain and ethel was a ? growing out of his shoulder.......whatever!:D The point is that kind of swearing is acceptable, not this modern crap.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Don't forget the classic rock guys. I have my original radio/8 track player,, but it is stored in the attic...lol...I prefer newer technology when it comes to audio and my Cougar has a 10 disc CD changer in the trunk and a tape deck headunit. The 800 Watt amp and 12' subwoofers help when I want to block out the noise of the Hooker headers and flowmaster mufflers. But you won't hear to much bump and thump from this cat. I prefer jamming some Led Zeppelin, Pink Floyd, Jimi Hendrix, Lynard Skynnard, Eagles, Ted Nugent, Tom Petty, etc....I could go on forever. If any of you ever decide to upgrade your stereos keep the MP3/CD headunit in mind. I have a friend that has one and he burns 10 albums on one CD. Just imagine having 30+ hours of tunes on one CD!

Ultimate Cruise Song - "Turn the Page" - Bob Seger

·
Registered
3,201 Posts
Adam

Thanks, thats no 1 on my list now.

·
11,000 Posts
Deep Purple

Made in Japan Album

The live version of "Highway Star"

Royce PEterson

·
Registered
21 Posts
Deep Purple is very nice Mr. Peterson. btw, I have heard your name before and I thought that maybe you were in TX. You are pretty notorious in the Cougar scene from what I've heard. Does a Mr. Bob York ring any bells?

Adam

·
11,000 Posts
Not in Texas anymore

I have lived in Long Beach, CA and now live in the Cincinnati Ohio area. I have not heard anything about Bob York in some time. What's he up to? Sure miss everyone in Texas.

As for the noteriety, don't believe everything you hear. Especially if I'm talking!

Royce Peterson

·
Registered
3,201 Posts
Interesting

This is all getting interesting, common spill the beans.
What, who, when , where????

·
Registered
889 Posts
This is a must

Barry McQuire, The Eve of Destuction-The Animals,Sky Pilot Classic tunes Classic Cars

·
Registered
21 Posts
Royce

Hey buddy, I have not talked to Mr. York for sometime. He actually helped me out dearly with some front end body parts that I needed for my Cougar. He mentioned you and your son and said that you guys are Cougar-Addicts :) I also have heard about all of your awesome rides! I'm envious Mr. Peterson-

btw, it you're ever in TX give me a buzz and I'll take you to Hooters for a couple cold ones!

·
Registered
175 Posts
Anything by the Eagles, but

Edgar Winter's "Frankenstien" rocks!

·
11,000 Posts
RE: Bob York

Actually Bob York is friends with my father who restores Model A Fords and Model T's. Bob and another Model A club guy (Jack ___?) had some 1971 - 73 convertibles they were fooling around with. I've always been interested in the 67 - 68 Cougars but have a 1915 Model T to play with too.

Royce Peterson

·
Registered
1,369 Posts
Re: Deep Purple

Royce Peterson said:
Made in Japan Album

The live version of "Highway Star"

Royce PEterson
RIGHT ON!!! But why just pick one song? Why not say the whole album--PERIOD!
Smoke on the Water was, is, and always will be my favorite of many favorite rock & roll songs espacially this album's version.

Chuck

·
Registered
106 Posts
For jammin' and remembering Long Ago and Far Away - We Gotta Get Out Of This Place by the Animals. Relaxing music and nostalga in the same era would be Homeward Bound by Simon and Garfunkle.

Gunner Mike
Grunt, 01, each, green, disposable (Nomenclature for any 03)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts