·
Administrator
13,577 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Administrator
13,577 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'll send a request to the Techs and see if they can set something like this up for you : )

~ DM, Community Support
Thank you! This is an ongoing problem when new members make posts needing approval and no one that can do anything about it notices.

·
Registered
11,950 Posts
would be helpful....honestly I'm not so sure it's letting me do much of anything? I tried to approve something a few times and it comes back with a fail message that the selection did not apply to the post I was trying to approve? When I go back later it looks ok? IDK

·
Administrator
13,577 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
God point Mike, I notice when I select a post and then "delete as spam" along with banning the user, it makes me log in and then tells me "invalid action specified". I go through the whole process again and then it works. Never the first time with the same error and then okay the second time.

·
Administrator
304 Posts
I don't suppose you can take a screenshot of the invalid message and post it here the next time it occurs? Also, does this affect all mod functions or just delete as spam?

~Kay

·
Administrator
13,577 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Will do Kay.

·
Administrator
13,577 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I don't know this software but I have to re-authenticate my log in before I can moderate anything using phpBB.
Same here, but once you do that, the scenario I described fails. Moderating posts or deleting a spam post and banning a user, both fail after authentication the first time.

·
Administrator
304 Posts
So it's just the first when you attempt to delete/approve posts that it fails right?
Could it have anything to do with your browser? Can you try it on a different browser?

In the meantime, I'll test it on a test post and see if I can replicate the same issue.

Lee

UPDATE: I had the same issue on Chrome. I''ll update the techs about this

·
Registered
11,950 Posts
YEP - seems to be IE and Chrome as well as Firefox

·
Administrator
304 Posts
Hey Guys,

Sorry about the delay getting back to you. I promise we did not forget about you. Alan has been looking for a plug in that would work for your request. Unfortunately the closest plug in he could find was a user would that would let you know when your thread is approved by a Mod. There is no plug in for Vbulletin that will let the Mods know when there is a thread that needs approval.

Sorry about that guys :(

~ Danniella

·
Administrator
13,577 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
...There is no plug in for Vbulletin that will let the Mods know when there is a thread that needs approval...
How about for posts that need approval?

Failing that, would you consider removing the need for approval when a new member makes their first few posts with pictures?

·
Registered
11,950 Posts
you would think an email notification would be pretty simple...... but I can understand pics being scrutinized and all. It's pretty rare we have anything in poor taste. Tough call there....

1 - 15 of 15 Posts