Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all, I've been into muscle cars for a while, I took a short break to imports, that was a mistake, but recent events have changed my life forever.
I got the dvd for the new Marauder in the mail about a week ago. Their advertising techniques work, I want one. However, the cars is upwards of $32,000 and I'm 17 so I probably couldn't make the payments even if they would let me finance it.
Also on the dvd was some classic Mercury Muscle, including a few '67-70 Cougars. Theres a sweet dark red '69 convertible, the second I saw that I knew I had to have one. Not nessessarily a convertible, but I want a '69 Cougar.
I hope to get one by the end of the summer, but that would require a small loan so it'll probably take a little longer.
So anyway, just thought I'd say hi.
btw, you can order that dvd free from the Mercury website & I think theres ads in some magazines with cards you can send in.

·
Registered
329 Posts
Stikman welcome aboard I found my ragtop cat for about 2000.00 but I put about 5000.00 into it. You want to spend about 5000.00 take your time don't rush to buy. Maybe spend another 2000.00 to one in better shape. Good Luck 70 XR7 ragtop

·
Registered
648 Posts
All I can say is...

lust = women

love = Cougar

only one of them won't leave you for someone with more $$$...LOL

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
hmm, I think you should let me take a test drive to see if I really like the car ;)
Really though, sweet ride.
I plan on spending about $5k, thats what the pretty good ones around here seem to go for.

lmao, you got it.
yeah they just dont understand, well my girlfriend (i guess you could call her that) does, which is odd.
btw, you've got 69 posts (as of now anyway)

·
Registered
163 Posts
kvinmn - if it weren't for our Cougars we'd probably be the ones with more money. At least the Cougar won't hog the blankets.

·
Registered
2,691 Posts
"Also on the dvd was some classic Mercury Muscle, including a few '67-70 Cougars. Theres a sweet dark red '69 convertible, the second I saw that I knew I had to have one. Not nessessarily a convertible, but I want a '69 Cougar."

Stikman,

That would be Mike Brown's Cougar. He's the Pres. of the SoCal Cougar Club L.A. It's Burnt Orange Metallic (not Indian Fire Met. that's the Ford name!!!!!). He's had literally a 100 Cougars, and usually has one or two for sale. He has/had a XR-7 coupe the same color. See them at our San Diego Cougar Club page:

http://clubs.hemmings.com/cougarsd/

Socal Cougar Club:

http://www.socalcougarclub.com/

Tim B
1969 XR7 428 CJR convertible
http://hometown.aol.com/timbrands/Cougar.html

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
hi again, thanks for the links, I'll take a look.
Yeah that car is sweet.
So was the orange Eliminator finishing a small burnout, or is that just dust? (one goes through an intersection on the Maruader dvd, some cloudy stuff is coming off the tires)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts