Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, Cat's in the body shop already. It seems that the guy who replaced the floor pan for the PO neither completely seamed in the pan, nor bothered to undercoat, so it's already covered with surface rust. :cry:

I have a respected and recommended shop working to patch things up as we speak... a week or so, and I'll be driving again.

Meanwhile, my Pony gets to run a little more....

·
Contributing Member
5,865 Posts
That's why you need 3. I get my 69 back next week after 6 months at the painters. Gave teh 68 a good run while it has been away and gave me added incentive to get the 70 running again

·
Registered
123 Posts
I'm jealous 66! My cougar is getting the body done also, & the 71 mach is on jackstands getting some frame repair and a tranny swap(in my spare time). However, since we just received 7" of snow yesterday(and more coming), if I can cruise by april I'll be happy! The joys of living in the "great white north".
Leon has a good idea though. Pick up another one! I'd like to!!! Baddad

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
baddad said:
I'm jealous 66! My cougar is getting the body done also, & the 71 mach is on jackstands getting some frame repair and a tranny swap(in my spare time). However, since we just received 7" of snow yesterday(and more coming), if I can cruise by april I'll be happy! The joys of living in the "great white north".
Leon has a good idea though. Pick up another one! I'd like to!!! Baddad
I BARELY survived the wife on this one! Another car would have to serve as my casket.

Also (no offense to the members of this board), It'd have to be a 65/66 Mustang fastback. That's what I went looking for way back when, and when I realized that I couldn't afford a "rolling resto" fastback, I went for my coupe instead. I love my coupe, but it's not what I set out to get.

·
Registered
648 Posts
Thank GOD the body work is already done and I just have to do mechanical work. I couldn't bear the thought of not seein 68 KAT every morning when I go to work. It's what keeps me goin!!! :)

Ken

1 - 5 of 5 Posts