Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking for new (replacement) mirrors for my 67 cougar, not stock parts. The old mirrors are plastic/rubber and quite ugly; I'd like to put on some chrome ones instead.

???

-John

·
Registered
240 Posts
aren't the stock one's chrome? cause i have just the stock one (i think are stock) that are chrome. i only have the drivers side but not the passenger. but yea actually i would like to find another chrome for my passenger side :)

·
Registered
5,299 Posts
the stock ones should eb chrome.. if not they have probably gotten the Pep Boys Sunday Specials... from what i know.. although more plentiful and accesable ( ie.. cheaper ) Mustang ones are NOT correct for a Cougar. hit up Ebay.. ive seen them on there every so often.

·
Registered
5,299 Posts
the stock ones should eb chrome.. if not they have probably gotten the Pep Boys Sunday Specials... from what i know.. although more plentiful and accesable ( ie.. cheaper ) Mustang ones are NOT correct for a Cougar. hit up Ebay.. ive seen them on there every so often.

·
Banned
4,754 Posts
Catz go to FORD ask for a passenger side mirror for a 75 Granada and what you should end up with is an NOS 67/8 passenger side mirror with a D4#. Its a little known fact but I have a set myself on a 67 here. They are the non remote mirrors.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
hmm good to know. Actually yeah the drivers side mirror is chrome. My rearview however is not, it's plastic, and really ugly.

thanks for the 75 granada tip!

-J

·
11,000 Posts
The 75 Granada mirror won't fit a 67 - 68 Cougar.

·
Registered
3,371 Posts
While we're at it..... rearview mirror.... chrome or black plastic? the PO of redcat had put a chrome one on but it got damaged... so now it has the plastic one. Tiffany also has a black plastic one that appers to be stock.... Royce??

Don

1 - 8 of 8 Posts