Mercury Cougar Owners banner

Minnesota anyone?

9K views 13 replies 8 participants last post by  67catman 
#1 ·
spring will sometime get here, south suburbs here

#4 ·
You know, Garrison Keillor just did a theme for prarie home companion that highlighted the cruelty of the MN winters and the even greater cruelty of thinking spring might come early this year.
It was funny.

I feel for you. It's in the teens here, but in a couple of weeks it'll be fine.

#7 ·
I was recently sent this picture.

Spring is on the way, the Deer are moving around in the yard.

#9 ·
<TABLE class=dataTable cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0><TBODY><TR class=wHover><TD>

</TD><TD class=full>As previously mentioned, Spring has been cancelled this year. Please don't tease the deer....

Tuesday
Windy. Snow likely in the morning...then snow in the afternoon.

</TD></TR><TR class=wHover><TD>
</TD><TD class=full>Tuesday Night
Snow in the evening...then snow likely after midnight. Wind chill readings 20 below to 30 below zero.

</TD><TD class=full>Wednesday
Snow showers in the morning. Wind chill readings 20 below to 30 below zero.

</TD><TD class=full>Wednesday Night
Wind chill readings 30 below to 40 below zero.

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

#13 ·
No Cougar club in Duluth. Twin Ports Mustang & Ford club is as close as it gets. The Two Harbors show is theirs, and allows anything that is "ford powered." It is mostly mustangs, but a few other models. Cougars are in the same class as T-birds. Not a lot of cars... more trophies than cars in most categories. I used to show-off my 2nd place trophy without mentioning there was only one other car in the class.

All the other shows are all makes & models.

Duluth Sidewalk days is a big one. They close Superior Street and line 'em up. http://www.downtownduluth.com/sidewalkdays/

Gordy's Hi-hat in Cloquet has a big show 7/30, prequel to Cloquet's Car Daze weekend. I haven't seen any ads for these annual events yet, but I'm sure they'll happen.

There is a group that meets every wednesday evening, but they go to a different place every time and I don't know the schedule and can't figure out who's in charge...lol. I've stumbled across them a few times.

Superior has a 4th of July show - Tower avenue closed for the cars.

There are others shows, but I usually don't hear about them until I see cars driving around, so I hop in and follow them.... A lot of times, show organizers will drop leaflets in your car for upcoming events when you are at a show. Sometimes announcements are in the "Events" column of our local bird cage liner/fish wrap.

See ya at the shows....

#14 ·
Replying to a two year old post - I know, where have I been? Currently in St. Croix County, WI (an hour east of Mpls). Might have to hit up Twin Ports this year. Two hour drive - I know my cat can handle it! $4/gallon by that time will bite a bit, but what must be done...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.