Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have searched and read different threads on the Midland and Bendix boosters. I have a 69 car that I am restoring, and it has a Midland on it. I have reason to believe the Midland booster is original to the car (looks, mileage on car, original tag still on the unit). I understand that the Bendix unit is considered the correct unit for a 69. I found a couple of threads that state that the Midland was found on some early 69 cars. Is there anyone out there that can support that for me with some degree of certainty? I rebuilt and installed the Midland before being told that 69 should not have Midland.

I appreciate your input. Thanks

·
Registered
384 Posts
The 67 Cougars I have had and my 67 GTA have/had Midland boosters. The 68 Cougars I had all used Bendix. I can't say I've seen a Midland on anything pass 67.

Is your Calypso the original color? That is a sharp color!

A former member of our Ford club had two 68 Mustang coupes that color.

·
11,000 Posts
Bendix was not available until some time in the '69 model year. The Midland booster is probably original.

·
Registered
156 Posts
My 68 has a Midland and I've seen some 69 models with Midland as well. Yours is probably original.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
A huge thanks to all of you that replied. With all of your great responses, I can confidently move forward on my project. Not only had I had it rebuilt, and perosnally painted it the right sheen, but I had installed it too, including the pedal and switch hookup. I was not looking forard to the thought of taking it out. :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts