Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,048 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
What luck! We have a very prominent local Mercury GM, who's also a member of the Lone Star Cougar Club (Formally DFW Cats). He struck a deal with Ford Promotions and brought the Marauder Promotional car out to a local cruise to introduce it to the local scene.

I can't tell you how impressed I was with the car. This is the same car as seen in all of the promotional programs on speedvision and in all the print ads. Most recently featured in Speedvision's program, "Mercury Test Drive", where it was driven extensively by Parnelli Jones...

Check out the picturesin my Gallery... HERE

Logan

·
Contributing Sr Motorhead
5,470 Posts
Marauders at the dealerships NOW!

My brother-in-law took his mother's 2000 Grand Marquis to the dealership this past week for an oil change (all of 2100 miles on it so far in two years).

Anyway, he's looking at the lot and sees a black Marquis at the back of the dealership that looks a bit different -- a new Marauder!!! He's walking around it, looking at it a bit, when the salesman comes out. It turns out that it had just come in that morning on the transporter and hadn't even gone through new-car prep yet. Jeff told the salesman that he wasn't really interested in buying one just yet (Logan, this is the b-i-l that was thinking about yours) but asked the guy if he could fire it up. Sweet sounding! I guess sticker price was $39,500. I'll have to wait until I win the Lottery or until I can find one on the used market... ;) :1zhelp: ;)

Jeff is trying to figure out a way to get the Marauder in exchange for his mother's black 2000 Marquis in a way that she wouldn't notice.... :p:

·
Premium Member
2,048 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
MSRP is 34094 on them. Any markup's above that will not last long at all, it's already overpriced.

I've since driven one, and I love the car, but the powertrain is NOT the right choice. It needs 50hp and 50ft/lb's of torque, and it needs it alot lower in the power band. The thing is a bit boggy off the line.

Solution? Look for a detuned version of the new cobra motor sitting in that engine bay next year, according to my sources.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts