Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,048 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
You may have noticed the recent addition of a DONATIONS box on the front page of this site. Mercurycougar.net is run by one guy, me. The site is approximately 50% dependant on my pocket book to operate every month. Next year, unless another vendor steps up to advertise, that figure will jump to 75% of the fees being picked up by me.

With the ever increasing load on the site, it continually gets more expensive to operate as bandwidth usage climbs and server space gets used. This stuff costs moola. As much as I'd like to pay for it all, It's simply not an option. While I don't mind picking up $20 a month for the site, it ain't $20 no more!! :)

As a result, I am now making available the option to make donations to the website. Not to me. To the website. All funds donated are reserved for website monthly operations and upgrades to the software (Which isn't free either).

I want to stress that you do NOT HAVE to make a donation, and no one will look down on you for not doing so. What I'm saying, is, if you appreciate the website and WANT to contribute, you have the option to now, rather conveniently, through a button on the main page of the site in the upper right hand corner.

How much to contribute? That's up to you. $1, $5, $20, $8000... :) Any contribution is appreciated.

The donations are handled through paypal.com and are 100% secure. Payments can be from your checking account or from any major credit card.

Those who contribute $20 or over will be recognized by having their forum titles changed to "Contributing Member"

Contribute over $40 in a 12 month period and we'll send you a free mercurycougar.net sticker.

Again, I'll say this one last time. Contributions will NEVER be required and the forums will NEVER become a membership site. This is simply an effort on my part to start weaning the sites hold on my personal bank account.

If anyone has any questions, please feel free to email me directly at [email protected]

·
Registered
3,371 Posts
DITTO....
You have more mail:D :D

Don

·
Registered
3,141 Posts
More mail, Logan. And many thanks for all your hard work.

·
Contributing Member
320 Posts
donations

Logan,

I just got my paypal account set up so look for
$40.00 coming to you.
Keep up the good work!
I love the website.
It keeps me sober....

thanx,
Jim in Pittsburgh

·
Contributing Member
162 Posts
Anything for a good cause!

Hey Logan....you have more mail....hope it helps this very worthy cause. Sides....I gotta get me one of them thar stickers :D

Can you let me know when your ready to send the stickers as I may change the Ship-To address on you. I don't like paying that stupid Canadian Customs Fee if I don't have to. :angryfi:

Thanks

Dale :p:

·
Registered
1,859 Posts
Donation

Logan, will you be prepared to take donations at the L.S.C.C. meeting? Jennifer and I want a couple of stickers also.
Your efforts stand out here, Kudos...

:xoli:

·
Registered
3,371 Posts
COME ON you GUYS DONATE!!!!

Don

·
Registered
1,859 Posts
It only takes a little...

Cash... It makes things happen! You know what in the pot, so ante up...:bandit: :evil: :pimp: :sun: :xoli: :ylsup: :icon16:

·
Contributing Member
162 Posts
Have you sent the Stickers yet???

Logan....I was curious if you had sent my stickers yet or have they been lost in snail mail. :confused: I was thinking I might see them when I returned home after 3 weeks but notta..... :cry: Anyway, just thought I would ask....

Thanks

Dale

·
Premium Member
3,404 Posts
Yah, I bought 3, and still no stickers. Comeon Chris, get somene out and mail them for us Canadians, it isnt that hard.

Rick

·
Premium Member
2,048 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I know he's been having a really tough time with his ankle being broken, so please be patient. I'm waiting on a couple from him too.

·
Contributing Member
162 Posts
No worries Logan....I didn't realize there was an injury. I just saw that....been there and know what it's like. My car isn't on the road anyway.....just don't want to get forgotten is all :D

Thanks for the reply....

Dale

·
Contributing Member
246 Posts
Logan
I just contributed via PayPal. Never done that before. Let me know if doesn't go through.:confused:

·
Registered
866 Posts
All the stickers have been mailed out weeks ago, so everyone has to have them. Everyone get their stickers? Sorry about the delay, I didn't plan on breaking my ankle.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts