Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi!! Okay i actually have two questions and i think they are probaly really simple but here goes!! :p:
Firstly you'll need to know i have a 1968 XR7

I have just recieved a Mercury Script to go on my front fender... but it doesn't fit!! It is exactly the same size as the one on the trunk!! So were there two different sizes!! Looking at the pictures in the gallery it looks like the 68 has Mercury and 69 has Cougar fender scripts so it should be Mercury right?? If they are different sizes, what were the dimensions??

Okay second one, I have been reading a few posts on monte carlo bars and have decided for the sake of my shock towers and my handling i should make a purchase of one. I would like to know what is the difference between a monte carlo bar and a sway bar apart from price?? Do all Monte Carlo bars have to have new holes made in the body work?? and does a sway bar attach to the top of the shock towers?? I have no idea!! Please help!!

Many Thanks

Stu - :D

·
Contributing Member
5,865 Posts
Stu - Monte Carlo bar fits between the towers and should use ecisting bolts. It keeps the tops of the towers from flexing.

The sway bar bolts under the chassis rails, with the ends connected to the lower control arms. They are used to limit the amount of body roll

68 has Mercury on front and rear and Cougar above rear side markers. Mine look to be the same size on front and back

·
11,000 Posts
The front one is smaller and has a different part number. Both are available as repro's from the normal vendors. See the Links button at the top of the main page.

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys!!

Thanks for clearing that all up so monte carlo bar is the one i'm looking for!! and thanks about that Script problem.... i thought i was going crazy!!

Many Thanks

Stu -:D

1 - 4 of 4 Posts