Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,048 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For the first time in quite some time, Mercury has introduced a Sport Coupe concept at NAIS

Check out the article on the Mercury Messenger Concept vehicle HERE

·
Registered
614 Posts
Ya know, this thing looks surprisingly...nice. I don't know why I like it, but I do. Especially the dash, reminds me of a 1947 model...not much to it.

·
Registered
3,371 Posts
I like it too!! Don't much care for the name though. Could have been the next Cougar. Is it rear wheel drive? It's really a step in the right direction for Mercury to go... IMHO

DON

·
Registered
175 Posts
I like it too, Reminds me a little of the early Corvette.

·
Registered
1,722 Posts
I like it too. On one of the other discussions in the Den, Tim B (I think) pointed out how much this looks like the Cougar II concept in 1963 (which I LOVED).

·
Registered
5,299 Posts
i still agree that this would look great with the sequential taillights that the Mustang Concept has. i like the early Vette fastback look to it as well, and the 4.6 in it also makes me assume that its rear drive. just needs to be a 2+2 and not a two seater..... and yeah. needs Cougar emblems as well.

·
Registered
428 Posts
Would it help if we all started mailing LM division to build it (preferably unchanged)?
Ford also decided to build the GT, which started life as a concept?!
Think it would be cool to see this monster on the road and it should be named after our beloved cars of course, for it would be a worthy rwd successor!
If this is the way Mercury goes, I'm looking forward to what they'll bring us.

Cheers!
Matthijs

·
Registered
8 Posts
I don't believe that Mercury is the master of it's own destiny. Except for re-badged SUVs, there isn't much happening in the standard automobile arena at the sign of the waterfall. If Ford won't let them re-badge the Mustang again, I don't see a new Cougar at the end of the rainbow..

·
Registered
51 Posts
Wow, it does look like the Cougar II concept in 1963. Could the LM division be COOL enough to produce a new Cougar on the platform of the Mustang again? That front end and headlights have hints of the 67-68 Cougar.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts