Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
694 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do any of you know the best place to get a 65-72 Mercury Master Parts Book? A guy on ebay that sells them for Ford on cd-rom for a hundred bucks says he will have a Mercury version in about a month. I just wondered what is the best version to get, the original two-volume book (which is my inclination) or to buy the copies.......are they as legible? Or do you think the cd-rom for a hundred would be practical.......my shop has alot of luxuries I don't have in the house but a computer isn't one of them. Thanks for any replies......Keith 636-925-8888

·
11,000 Posts
The CD Rom is a pain to use. I picked up an original set on ebay for $50.00 last year.

·
Registered
2,966 Posts
Excuse my ignorance but what is the Mercury Master's Parts Book????
Scott

·
11,000 Posts
It is two extremely large volumes, about the size / weight of 5 phone books for a large city. One book has nothing but illustrations of every part in every car produced by Lincoln Mercury from 1960 - 1975. The other volume lists the part numbers. It is very useful for hunting down the correct NOS parts and also for assembly data and identifying parts.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Actually, my CD-ROMS are far superior to the Det Iron...

...which is why I made them. The DI *IS* a PIA to use. Mine is so simple that even someone with no parts or computer experience can be a pro in 30 minutes. The LM one will be out maybe by 2/1/03. I'm in the middle of a move right now so I cannot finish it as soon as I would like.

Of course $50 is an awsome price. I got rolled -- paid $260 for my paper copy and I have found that some pages are missing. Thanks Royce for the copies of the missing pages!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts