Votes: 4 13.3%
  • Dale Earnhart Jr.

Votes: 5 16.7%
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Howdy yall, don't ya think mercury should be back in nascasr, they could use the maruader, don't yall think that would be so awesome, let me know what ya think

·
Registered
2,145 Posts
First What?

First place=Mark Martin

·
Contributing Member
6,137 Posts
The Marauder would never make it in NASCAR. It is way too big and would always be at an aerodynamic disadvantage.

Mark

·
Registered
30 Posts
It would be cool to see Mercury come back, unfortunately it will never happen. It would hurt Ford's chances for the manufacturer's championship. I'm surprised that GM is still letting Pontiac compete, as it takes away from Chevy's standing in the manufacturer's battle. If it possibly could happen, it would be great to see the Wood Brothers Mercury back on the track with Ricky Rudd behind the wheel.

·
Registered
88 Posts
hmmm, only left hand turns? what about Sears Point and Watkins Glen? and yeah, you have to be a pretty good driver to not lose control at 180, in a turn, and the guy behind you is using the "Chrome Horn"... Don't think I would be able to handle it.....Besides, F1 is boring, the winner is determined at Qualifying anyway....jsut my .02

·
Registered
1,112 Posts
F1 winner determined at qualifying? OK, someone obviously didn't watch F1 this year, because that certainly wasn't the case.

I'm with Leon, if it doesn't turn left and right, I'm not interested ;) And no, two tracks in which many of the major teams higher "road racers" just doesn't count!

Bring back the glory days of Trans AM, please!

·
Contributing Member
1,011 Posts
Sorry Jim, None of the major teams hire road racers. I do prefer the road race courses, but there is nothing easy about going into a corner at 180 plus with another car right outside your window.Even the bullrings like Bristol and Martinsville couldnt be tougher, the beating and banging at speed is something to see. In person, you feel nothing but respect for the guys wheeling those cars.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts