Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
457 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I think these are pretty cool since there not the typical Mercury hubcaps. I can't find any pictures of old cats with them on which makes me question which car they're really from. Anyways I want $60 bucks for all 4. Even if you don't want to buy them, please provide any info you may have on these hubcaps.

I love the jellied Mercury man!

MercuryManHubcaps.jpg
MercuryManHubcaps2.jpg

·
Registered
2,739 Posts
I bought a set of those many years ago at a local flea market. The fellow told me they came off of his Comet (don't know year) the day he bought it because he was putting mags on the car. I paid the guy $25 for 4 of them in virtually new condition. I ended up giving them to a good friend of mine whom I've traded parts with over the years and he runs them on a '68 XR7. They look fantastic. I think they might have been an option hubcap on the '68 Cougars but don't know for sure. You just don't see them very often. These look to be a steal for $60.

I think these are known as Nader spinners since they are recessed into the cap. As in Ralph Nader who saved us from the Corvair, unsafe at any speed....

What exactly is a "jellied mercury man?"

·
Registered
457 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thx 4 the info man, I thought they were a little more rare than $60 but I figured that it would go to good use on this site, my way of giving back to everybody who helped me out. As far as the "Jellied" Mercury man, I call it that because the Mercury Man looks like he's floating in cherry Jello...haha a little joke me and my buddies came up with.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts