Mercury Cougar Owners banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I鈥檓 Cristian. Today i鈥檝e bought my first classic car; I鈥檝e realized my dream. 馃悊

Attachments

Registered
I remember when I bought my first Cougar in 1980. Very similar to the one you have. 1968 with an ivy yellow exterior, black vinyl roof and black interior. It was my daily driver. Very dependable car. Bought it for $1600 and sold it in 1985 for $2450. The only thing I did to it was put 50k miles on it and maintain it. Thought I made a whole lot of money. Now I own my 4th Cougar.

Initially I wanted a Mustang, but even at that time they were more expensive and had fewer options on them. Glad I went with a Cougar. Never got a Mustang. I still like their looks, but I prefer Cougars. Much less common, better looking, more options and same drive trains.

Registered
Nice car. Looks a lot like my second one. It was white with Blue interior. Just a plain jane version, but I kept it for 35 years or so. Got sold to young feller who is doing a really nice build on it but it has been dragging on. Almost finished after 6 or 7 years or so. I hope to see it some day.
John

1 - 5 of 5 Posts