Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
269 Posts
I wonder if the Ford dealerships wouldn't mind giving away some of their Mercury paraphernalia???

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ford is not the ford of 20 years ago. They prob had a meeting in the Tbird room on how to execute the mercury omission mission. The signs will most likely be from just a few years back. So many L-M dealerships have folded in the Seattle area in the past few years. Other Ford dealerships have snatched up the brand to ad to their line up. All the L-M signs will now have collectablility as a part of extinct nameplate americana.

·
Registered
11,950 Posts
It's a shame to see an iconic name go down. Some things just seem like they will be around forever, but bad management can drive a winner into the ground if they try hard enough. A lot of big names got swept under the rug in 2010 and many are teetering as we speak. Should be an interesting year.

·
Registered
134 Posts

·
Registered
307 Posts
Hi Gang. I just got off the phone with our local Lincoln/ Mercury/Ford dealer.He told me that Ford is taking all of the old signs and replacing them with new ones. It's totally out of the dealers hands where the signs go. But he DOES want to stop by and see my cougars!

·
Registered
2,055 Posts
Then I guess we won't be seeing the pickers on TV in 40 years buying up the Mercury signs.

·
Registered
2,055 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,210 Posts
There was an individual selling old Lincoln, Mercury, Merkur dealer signs (8x2.5 feet) back in October. I believe they were $100 each, but the seller did not want to sell them individually.

The AZ Cougar club received an email about a group buy...I am not certain if they are still available.

·
Premium Member
13,577 Posts

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
Just because the brand is gone, doesn't mean Ford doesn't still own the name and ephemera. Mercury is like DeSoto and LaSalle now.

·
Registered
3,320 Posts
This is something I'm going to note on my signboard in Scottsdale..something to the effect of "this is a chance to own a piece of Mercury History, as after 71 years of production, the brand is now dissapearing forever"..Gulp..

Gotta capture the emotions of people with lots-o-money ;)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts