Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got my 390 back from the builder and he recommended using mechanical gauges(oil and water) versus the originals. Mechanicals being more reliable, he said. I have a 68 XR7 that I just finished rewiring with a Ron Francis harness and was planning on using the original gauges. I like the looks and placement of the originals. What do you guys think? Are there any aftermarket mechanicals that would bolt in without cutting too much of the instrument panel or should I go with a 2 gauge pod and mount it under the dash?
Maybe some pictures of some gauges or pods would be nice. Thanks guys.

Attachments

·
Registered
11,950 Posts
Looks good! No, if you want originals I'd stick to it. Just going to take a bit of work integrating it. Rocketman hasn't been on here in awhile but he could be a good resource if you want to convert some guages.......look him up, he makes some good stuff.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
As a matter of fact, he has all my gauges right now. Recalibrating them. He has been great. I have the dash already wired for the originals. My motor guy didn't think the originals would be reliable. Especially during the motor break-in process. I have been looking at the prestige black diamond series from autometer.

Attachments

1 - 3 of 3 Posts