Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 1968 std coupe 302 J code power brakes disc/drum. I want to buy a new master cylinder but cannot determine which one I need. I apparently need to know the line thread size. Does any know which MC is a direct replacement ?

·
Registered
389 Posts
hmmm...weird...didnt know u had to know the line thread size... good to know if true since im gonna redo my brake system eventually...

·
Premium Member
13,577 Posts
Sure, it's this one: http://shop.advanceautoparts.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/product_Master-Cylinder-Cardone-Select_20350053-P_230_R%7CGRPBRHYAMS_1881320944____

1378 will be the common number from whomever you buy it from.

If a USPS flat rate box would get it to you in Alaska, I have a brand new one (a second one) that I bought in desperation when I had a very difficult time getting my brakes to work properly (wasn't the problem). $20 plus the flat rate shipping would be like $31 to your door. PM me if you are interested in it.

Regards,

Bob

·
11,000 Posts
You can just walk in the auto part store, go to the parts counter and say "Hi. I need a master cylinder for a '68 Maercury Cougar, with power disc / rear drum brakes."

I've done this a dozen or more times in the past and so far it has always worked. Never yet got a master cylinder for any other kind of car by mistake. Bought one that way 2 weeks ago at Pep Boys.

I have a 1968 std coupe 302 J code power brakes disc/drum. I want to buy a new master cylinder but cannot determine which one I need. I apparently need to know the line thread size. Does any know which MC is a direct replacement ?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts