Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Couple questions. Is Special Value Package B the sport special option? Then it says 954 With these Paint/Trim Codes. I get the paint but no details of the trim. Couldn't trim be just about anything they put on the car? It doesn't seem they break it down to what pieces of trim.
The most exciting thing on the report is my car was sold at a dealership in the same town i live in. I have had the car since 1976. I guess it has never left the Bay Area.

·
Registered
2,991 Posts
Yes to question #1. Here's a link that will help you: www.cougarclub.org/registry/Cougars101/ss.aspx . Now, regarding the trim, that just means what type of interior and in what color. Is your paint code "I" and the trim code "2A"? John

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes to question #1. Here's a link that will help you: www.cougarclub.org/registry/Cougars101/ss.aspx . Now, regarding the trim, that just means what type of interior and in what color. Is your paint code "I" and the trim code "2A"? John
I and 2A is correct. I remember someone posting comments to lime frost paint and posting pics. Looks like my color but Marti says it is Medium Lime Metalic. Is there a difference?

·
Registered
2,991 Posts
I and 2A is correct. I remember someone posting comments to lime frost paint and posting pics. Looks like my color but Marti says it is Medium Lime Metalic. Is there a difference?
Lime Frost was the Mercury name used in 67-68. Looking at the paint chart on the CCOA website, it looks to me at least that Med Lime Metalic has a little darker tint than Lime Frost. Would like to see a pic of a 67-68 in Lime Frost next to a 69 in Medium Lime Metalic. EDIT: Just looked at some seperate pics of a 68 & 69 in paint code I and it appears to be the same. John

1 - 4 of 4 Posts