Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey I'm rebuilding my 1968 xr7GT and i am looking for the original Marchal fog lights. PM me with a price and shipping. thanks

~Doug

·
11,000 Posts
Marchal lights were not an option on any 1968 XR7 GT Cougar. What do you mean by "Original"? Do you have an XR7-G?

Marchal lights were sometimes used on the XR7-G, apparently when the Marchal lights were banned by certain states. We think that AO Smith substituted Marchal lights on XR7-G Cougars in order to use Lucas lights on Shelby Mustangs destined for delivery to states that had banned the Marchal lights.

hey I'm rebuilding my 1968 xr7GT and i am looking for the original Marchal fog lights. PM me with a price and shipping. thanks

~Doug

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yeah, I'm just looking for the marchal fog lights, they were optional for the xr7g and by original i mean the ones used for the car. I have Lucas fog lights for it now.

·
Registered
564 Posts
Do you want to sell the Lucas to help pay for the Marchal lamps. If so let me know ok

·
Registered
5,633 Posts
dugz you will have much better luck finding the Marchal lamps over on the California Special Mustang site. http://californiaspecial.com/

They were actually used on the CS, which was a much more common vehicle than the XR7-G.

·
Registered
2,493 Posts
i have a set of the black bodied lucas lamps

1 - 8 of 8 Posts