Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
544 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The CCNJ has decided to add a Mangy Cat Class for the 2003 Nationals. We hope to encourage people with cougars in restoration, not yet restored or rust buckets to attend the Nationals and bring their cars. Many times owners of these cars don't think their cars are welcome at a show. We hope to make it clear ALL cougars are welcome in any condition.

Steve Polansky

·
Contributing Sr Motorhead
5,470 Posts
Boy, I'd have a couple of winners then! LOL Take a look in my gallery for the photos of BetaCat... Then again, I have the new PartsCat, too!

One thing I did notice about the CCOA Nats West last year is that there sure were a lot of Cats out in the regular or 'non-shown' parking lot. I went to look at them anyway. Maybe with this Mangy Cat class we can get them to come on in and enjoy the festivities!

Too bad I won't be at this year's Nats East, but I'm certainly looking forward to next year in Louisville!

Milo

·
Registered
544 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
We hope to get those cars that were out in the parking lot into the show this year. Many people who own cars that are not show quality feel that their car is not welcome or not "show worthy". We think that all cougars are worthy of display at the nationals. Most cougar nuts get just as excited when they see one in a junk yard as they do at a show.

Steve

·
Premium Member
5,758 Posts
As long as its a cat and it purrs and its alive and on the street its a well worth stop and checking it out to me.
thanks
pat

·
Registered
85 Posts
Great.......Now I can enter my cat. I was planning on just bringing it to the parking lot. Hope this brings other cats in to the show!

·
Registered
544 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Glad to hear you will be entering your car at the Nationals! This class may end up being the most fun at the show. :)

Steve

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
Mine would win for being 3 different colors inside...Ginger, green and black!

·
Registered
5,299 Posts
if this makes it to the West Coast Nats... Sharky will rule hands down lol. yes, it runs, yes it will make it and it will live long enough if there is a class at the west coast nats for this :D .

·
Registered
11 Posts
I think it's a great idea to have a mangy class at the show, any car show for that matter.......in a few larger mustang shows, i have entered my 70 mach1 in the judges choice catagory.did i exspect to win anything?,no. i don't have the cash,time, or the skill to make a show stopper car.but what i do have is a pretty nice driver mach1 that i'm very proud of. the judges choice class gives me a chance to take part in the show with out the pressure of sweating the details on my mach1.
last sept there was a big mustang show at lowes motor speedway.it was a three day event. it was 7 bucks a day to get in. and 20 bucks to put the car in the show with two weekend passes, i got a great parking place. :0), saved 1 dollar for three days of alot of fun,plus i got about 25 bucks worth of door prizes and party gifts(car wax,washer fluid,armor all,etc,etc
i really think a mangycat,judges choice, or a non judged class will serve our hobby very well, it lets the poor man/woman play too.if we don't support the new ones comming into our hobby then our world of classic cars will die with us.....

·
Registered
544 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
We have tried to find a place for everyone at the Nationals. We have judged classes, peoples choice classes and display only options. The Mangy cat class adds an opportunity for those with works in progress to have fun, and have a shot at a trophy.

We split the peoples choice catagories for 67-73 cougars into 3 classes. We have

1. Daily Driver
2. Street Driven
3. Modified

We want the daily driver class to be for cars that are used every day to go to work, the grocery store, etc. Street driven and modified classes are sometimes tougher to seperate. We have guidelines at www.ccnjonline.com to try to differentiate these classes. There has been an ongoing discussion within the club and recently on the Cougar list-server on where the line is between these two classes. At this point we only have peoples choice classes for 74 and up cougars since we do not know if we will have enough judges, and because our club does not have members or other volunteers with the expertise to judge these cars.

Steve

·
Registered
2,145 Posts
Sub catagories like:
Most Rusty
Biggest Holes (Sun roof and sun floor)
Most Smoke
Stink for distance
Worst sine wave
Lowest number of cylinder firing while running
Loudest Back Fire
Baldest tires.........................

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
That's a good one!

:D

·
Registered
106 Posts
Instead of the Mangy Cat Class we could call it the Good Project Class. If if works for some of the Cats I've seen up for auction on eBay, then we might get more takers for the Nats.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts