Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, I work at a movie theater thats located in a mall and everyone knows how considerate people are when it comes to mall parking. "Hey look an old car! Lets slam our door into it and make a big ass dent." Well i'v had enouph, so I took up two spots and this lasted for about two weeks. then last friday night around 9:30-10:00 ish I got a nice little note put on my car and a warning ticket from the mall security saying that if I did it again my car would be towed. Of corse on the nasty note that I got the idiot couldn't even spell half the words right. Now since I get minimum wage I cant afford a towing bill, I am forced to have my car vandalized by idiot mall shoppers that dont have any respect for another persons automobile. I plan to hunt down the security guard and tell him off. The worst he could do would blind me with his mag light.

·
Registered
5,299 Posts
after painting my car and putting alot of hard work and almost $400 dollars worth of PAINT ALONE on it... ive got about 2 or 3 dings on it already. one of which chipped the paint on the passengers door. oh yeah.. its only been a touch over 2 months. car hasnt even been buffed out yet. people dont care.

·
Premium Member
3,404 Posts
My wife drives the Fairlane to work everyday, and has to park far away so customer's can park there, I installed an alarm system, and she takes up 2 spots, the cars that parks beside it are a 65 Comet, and a 68 Dart, and they angle too:D I will get a picture of it, looks cool.

Rick

·
Contributing Member
5,865 Posts
Parking Rules

I always try and park next to a post so at least one side is protected. I find SUV and minvan drivers are the worst. I've even go t door dent on the top of one fender from SUV and my wifes car has mark on the roof where someone stacked their shopping as they loaded into their car.

Golden rules of mall parking - never park on a slope or at the bottom of a slope (inviting trolley) and never park near the main entrance - better to park further away and walk.

·
Registered
1,832 Posts
Sorry guys but that what happens with " daily drivers" although I agree that alot of people dont deserve to drive. What do you think I go through with my wife working at a hospital and has to park in the parking garage or the lot next to it.

Now remember what sex makes up the majority of the employees in a hospital ? Thats right women, so what is the majority of the drivers parking in the hospital lot? Thats right women who dont care about cars.

Sorry if I'm offending any women, I'm not trying to its just the facts, and I have the cars and dents to prove it. My wife and a couple friends all grab a corner of the lot and park next to each other and that has helped. ( I had to repaint a Taurus 2 times in 3 years) Seems the other husbands got tired of the car beating also.

I did get even with one such offender one time. I had a F150 that had only been on the road for 2 days after a repaint and I parked it at Kmart far away from the door at least 2 spots from the nearest car.

As I walked back out to the truck some women were walking past it and I noticed a rusty 77 Malibu parked next to it,(you know the ones with the 6' long doors) and after I went to the drivers side after putting my little boy in the pass side I noticed a big 10" long scratch and dent in the freshly painted drivers door.

I right away hollered to the women walking away and asked them to come back. They squaked but did it. I then asked them if the Chevy was there's and they admitted it was so I made them open the pass door and the end of it lined right up with the dent in my door. I then called the police and had a accident report filled out and got there insurance info so I could turn it in.

The next day I went to my insurance agent and turned it in and then got estimates so they could go after them. I ended up getting paid quite well for the repair which I did myself and since I painted the truck myself to begin with I had some paint left over and I made out quite well for my trouble. I tend to think that a embaressed as the women were when I called the police and them having there insurance pay for the damages they probably are a little more carefull when they park to this day.

Now like I said women dont get mad at me I'm not a women basher (I really do love em,) and I know there are some men out there jsut as bad but this is just my experiance.:D mm

·
Registered
889 Posts
I got even

I had a 73 225 electra I was picking a girl up from work at Progressiv insurance no less,this guy drops off his wife she bangs my door while Im sitting in it.Dosnt say Im sorry he justs looks as if i was notthng.I had a 6 foot door man was it heavy so I opened it up with the sholder and all smiled and said "have a REAL NICE F%#^!!IN day. I called it even and left. Dan

1 - 6 of 6 Posts