Mercury Cougar Owners banner

Maine, Anyone?

11K views 22 replies 6 participants last post by  marvinrbrsn 
#1 ·
Hey all,

Just curious if there is anyone else on this board that lives in Vacationland. Anyone?

I have seen just a couple of classic Cougars up here and thought it would be cool to shoot the breeze with other enthusiasts.

Steve

Bath aka "City of Ships", Maine

#3 ·
Me Too!

Hi Bill,

Thanks for the reply. I too, am a member of CCNE. Although I have not made any shows or meetings.....but my dues are paid!

As soon as my '68 is reliable enough for a longish drive (this year I am hoping) I plan to come down to one of the club's events and meet everyone.

Now, I just have to wait for warm weather to start work. Sucks not having a garage!

Steve

#4 ·
My dues are STILL paid up!

Nice car show today at Bonney Eagle High School in Standish, Maine.

Only 2 Cougars there: Mine (1967 XR-7) and Winn Riddle's '68 GT-E 428 CJ / 4 speed. Who would have thunk that such a rare Cougar lives only about 10 miles from me (if that far)? Hopefully i spelt your name correctly, Winn!

Hi Bill,

Thanks for the reply. I too, am a member of CCNE. Although I have not made any shows or meetings.....but my dues are paid!

As soon as my '68 is reliable enough for a longish drive (this year I am hoping) I plan to come down to one of the club's events and meet everyone.

Now, I just have to wait for warm weather to start work. Sucks not having a garage!

Steve

#5 ·
Darn, wish I'd known about that one. I spent the day detailing the wife's car. We Mainahs will all have to get together sometime with the cats and have a mini-show :) !

#6 ·
Show, Shine & Drag

Darn, wish I'd known about that one. I spent the day detailing the wife's car. We Mainahs will all have to get together sometime with the cats and have a mini-show :) !
Hey Jeff,

There is always VIP's SS&D at Oxford Plains Speedway in June. I will be there. Winn probably won't be. But we get together every Monday evening (with other cars) at the Topsham Fair Mall behind Ruby Tuesdays. It is just off I-295.....you cannot miss it! Right where 196 crosses over.

Steve

PS: Winn is a wealth of Cougar information. A regular encyclopedia!

#7 ·
Hi Steve,

I am in Maine. Haven't been active on the forum but need to be as my
Cougar runs and drives but needs some TLC. It looks like I need to replace the floor boards to start.
I have checked around and have found floor boards stamped in Canada. Are you familiar with them or have you heard
about the quality of them? It doesn't seem like there are alot of options for replacement floor boards.

Joel

#8 ·
Whare are you located?

Hi Joel,

Have you tried Mustangs Unlimited? West Coast Classic Cougar? There are several other places as well: Cascade, Johns, and so on. As far as I can gather Cougar floor pans are not that much different than Mustangs. I have also seen floor pans on ebay.

I have a '68 that I am parting out, should you need some small stuff. It does not have any floors in it.

Where are you located?

Regards,

Steve

#9 ·
Hi Steve,

Thanks for the floor board info. I live in Windham so if the Monday night
cruises are still on I can plan on going to one. I probably won't make it tonight but can plan on next week or maybe I can take a ride over in the daily driver tonight.

Joel

#10 ·
See Ya There

Hi Joel,

Due to the weather (obviously) I won't be there either. Possibly next Monday weather permitting.

Windham is not so far away!

Wait until you check out Winn's 1 of 3 (1 of 2 surviving) '68 Cougar. That is one of the crown jewels of the Cougar world. He is there every week.

#12 ·
Update!!!

Anymore Mainers out there?

Hello-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o!!!

#13 ·
Perhaps I should change the title of this post to "Maine, No One"?

What a ghost town!

#14 ·
I've only seen a couple of other Cougars on the road here in the Bangor area. One is a 69 light blue elim clone and another is a beat up green 67. I mentioned this site to the owner of the 67, but he didn't seem real interested in checking it out. Of course there's Emery Pratt in Pittsfield, who owns quite a few cats and can tell you where the rest are hiding! He visits this site occasionally, but isn't a member. I'm surprised Fred, fajr22 from Ellsworth, hasn't responded to this post. Where are ya, Fred? There was a black 68 coupe with Maine plates in Belfast last summer.

Being the only Cougar at local shows, I get a lot of attention and questions, but it does get lonely being so special!:D

#15 ·
Yesterday, driving through Brunswick, Maine I saw a green 1969 or 1970 Cougar convertible. Anyone know who it belongs to? We were going different directions in traffic so I did not get a good look at it. Darn!

#16 ·
I've never seen it up this way. as a matter of fact, I haven't seen another Cougar on the road around here in over a year! The last was a beat up 67 in Orrington that a guy was trying to sell for 4k. I told him about this forum, but he wasn't "into computers". Yeah, it's pretty desolate here on the eastern outpost.

#17 ·
I've never seen it up this way. as a matter of fact, I haven't seen another Cougar on the road around here in over a year! The last was a beat up 67 in Orrington that a guy was trying to sell for 4k. I told him about this forum, but he wasn't "into computers". Yeah, it's pretty desolate here on the eastern outpost.
Tell me about it. I was shocked when I saw it......and I will probably never see it again!

I know there are more than just our couple of Cougars prowling around here in Maine.......I guess we are just the only ones "into computers"!!!!

Going to any shows or to the Thursday get togethers in Gardiner off of 201?

#18 ·
Another Cougar sighting!

So last night, of course, as I was locking up my Cougar, I saw a gold '67 or '68 Cougar going down the street that mine intersects.......I waved (probably like an idiot) then it was gone.....

Maybe I will see it again. Who knows?

#19 ·
There was a Dan Gurney in Waterville that fit that description. Maybe?

#20 ·
Anything is possible. I was just so surprised to see one drive down by my house......I know I have the only Cougar in town.....or at least I did......

I liked that gold paint.

#21 ·
New Maine Cougar guy

Steve, one of our Arizona Cougar members recently moved to Maine. Mike Blum, here is his Email. cougelim69@roadrunner.com The address he gave me shows he lives in the town of Alfred. Sorry, but I have no idea where that is....LOL...

Mike is a great guy, and owns a 1970 XR7, white, and a 1969 Eliminator, which he bought new! The Elim is still here in Arizona.

Best Regards from the desert heat.....

#22 ·
Steve, one of our Arizona Cougar members recently moved to Maine. Mike Blum, here is his Email. cougelim69@roadrunner.com The address he gave me shows he lives in the town of Alfred. Sorry, but I have no idea where that is....LOL...

Mike is a great guy, and owns a 1970 XR7, white, and a 1969 Eliminator, which he bought new! The Elim is still here in Arizona.

Best Regards from the desert heat.....
Thanks, Scott!! I'll have to drop him a line if for no other reason than to ask him why he moved from Arizona to Maine!

On another note, I did find that gold Cougar I spotted earlier in this thread. That makes like 4 people in Maine that I know have Cougars: Jeff, Me, Win ('68 GT-E with the 428 CJ & 4 Speed) & the gold Coug.

I am not sure where this guy is from....but it is a '68 standard Cougar. Gold with a dark or black vinyl top, auto with no console and old school rims. Maine Antique plate "MY 68". Decent shape. Works 2nd shift apparently at BIW (local shipyard).

Guess i will have to leave him a note or a card and invite him onto this site.

#23 ·
hi guys

I have been visiting the site it's niceeeeeeeee:)
--------------------
please contact me

<table x:str="" style="border-collapse: collapse; width: 48pt;" width="64" border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><col style="width: 48pt;" width="64"> <tbody><tr style="height: 12.75pt;" height="17"> <td style="height: 12.75pt; width: 48pt;" width="64" height="17">TINA@sycodas.cz</td> </tr> <tr style="height: 12.75pt;" height="17"> <td style="height: 12.75pt;" height="17">PHYLLIS@sycodas.lt</td> </tr> <tr style="height: 12.75pt;" height="17"> <td style="height: 12.75pt;" height="17">NORMA@sycodas.lv</td> </tr> <tr style="height: 12.75pt;" height="17"> <td style="height: 12.75pt;" height="17">PAULA@sycodas.md</td> </tr> <tr style="height: 12.75pt;" height="17"> <td style="height: 12.75pt;" height="17">DIANA@sycodas.me</td> </tr> <tr style="height: 12.75pt;" height="17"> <td style="height: 12.75pt;" height="17">ANNIE@sycodas.pl</td> </tr> <tr style="height: 12.75pt;" height="17"> <td style="height: 12.75pt;" height="17">LILLIAN@sycodas.sk</td> </tr> </tbody></table>

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.