Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
332 Posts
Its too bad the m112's Are not out there like the m90. It would be interesting to see what the little thing would do on a 302. I would have to believe that the m112 would be a better set up for building from. Then if you wanted more you could a adapt to a kenny bell. M90 probably wouldn't need a intercooler, but it may not make much horse power.

·
Registered
457 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Which car does a M112 come out of? I'm only experimenting with the M90 because I have immediate access to one out of a Buick Riviera. Do you think a carb could handle the smaller m90 supercharger rather than going to fuel injected set up? I'm looking to get about a 40-60hp increase, nothing major like the 150hp increase in other set ups.

·
Registered
332 Posts
The m90 would be more likely to need intercooled on a smaller engine. On a 302 I doubt the boost would be above 6psi. If you put the m90 on a 460 it would be a restriction. In my opinion the m90 would be almost to the point of diminished returns on a 302.

·
Registered
2,493 Posts
i like the turbo or centrifical style supercharger style for the 5.0 better packaging and results

·
Registered
1,598 Posts
You need a 351w and two M90 pullied for about 12 to 15 psi and 7.5-1 compression. Fuel injection and an air to water intercooler in the trunk.
twinSC.jpg

·
Registered
146 Posts
That guy sells that kit on the corrall for 1200 you better off buying a kit from powerdyne for 700.00 plus you need a 2 or 3 inch hood to make that supercharger fit

·
Contributing Member
5,865 Posts
The new MP90 is supposed to work on engines up to 5.7l with up to 6 - 9psi boost for the street - although it can run higher. Ford Australia uses a version of the MP90 on the Coyote engine in the current Falcon to develop 450HP. The MP90, with the right manifold and injection will sit as low as a Holley on an Edelbrock performer. An intercooler will add a bit more height. MP90 has a rear inlet and isn't really designed to have fuel running through it

http://www.caradvice.com.au/82046/fpv-launches-new-supercharged-v8-for-gt-and-gs/

·
Registered
2,493 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,303 Posts
How about a fi turbo / supercharger setup like the old semi's?

1 - 20 of 26 Posts