Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
One was my Cobra Jet Cougar, on it's way to Barrett-Jackson. The other was Squeeks my mouser, he was under the semi as it drove away. I ran to the house and got the rifle and put Squeekers out of his misery. Anyone who has out buildings and cars knows a good mouser is worth it's weight in gold, he will be missed. The great thing about Squeeks was his back leg was crippled, so he could not jump up on cars.
Just a week to go til Barrett-Jackson starts. I am really pumped! Of course, there was the last minute problems, went to run the windows up and nothing. PANIC!!! Thank goodness for this website and Lin and Don to calm me done and find the problem. Probably the one thing that hasn't been replaced, the safety relay, and I had another one. Isn't there warranty on 45 year old parts?
Can't wait till the fun starts! Anxious to meet the Cougar crowd, and put some faces to the names.
We're going to have some fun with this so stay tuned. Here is a link to some pics, I can't post right now because it is snowing really hard. http://picasaweb.google.com/stillinwoods/StarredPhotos?feat=directlink
Steve

·
Registered
980 Posts
Sorry to hear about "Squeeks"... there is one in my neck of the woods, if I could catch him I would UPS him to you (but hey, isn't that what they invented catapult's for...?) I could send it "airmail"...right now he is absent from the 'hood...might have some gun powder on him though....haven't seen it since the pill bottle fiascal... *sigh*

Good luck at B/J!

·
Premium Member
2,142 Posts
I think I saw a small spot on one screw. Please fix it! :)
(J/K, awesome car!!!)

·
Registered
1,066 Posts
Ditto to all of the above. Your car is a beautiful beast. Hope it does great at the auction! See ya there.

·
Registered
3,320 Posts
Steve,

I only last evening realized what had happened to you and Squeeks..I'm sorry to hear about him. Good to talk to you, and it will be great to see you and your car in person. She looks awesome! Don't worry, you're gonna do very well in Scottsdale :)

Don is all over the idea you have, by the way. We'll get started soon I'm sure

·
Registered
1,717 Posts
Beautiful car. I will be glued to the toob on this one too.

Sorry about Squeeks. I still sometimes expect to see my old buddy waiting at the door when I come home, as he always did. He was pretty good at catching mice, but apparently never learned the trick of killing them.

·
Premium Member
6,521 Posts
We feel your excitement! Scott is putting together a fantasy bid game where winners end up with WCCC gift certificates. Good Times, See you in AZ!

·
Premium Member
13,577 Posts
Crossed. See the other thread (and keep your fingers crossed that my bid was closest!).

Edit: My mistake. Scott said "bidding is closed". I mistakenly thought that meant the auction was finished. He meant fantasy bidding, not actual, sorry about that!

Regards,

Bob

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
One was my Cobra Jet Cougar, on it's way to Barrett-Jackson. The other was Squeeks my mouser, he was under the semi as it drove away. I ran to the house and got the rifle and put Squeekers out of his misery. Anyone who has out buildings and cars knows a good mouser is worth it's weight in gold, he will be missed. The great thing about Squeeks was his back leg was crippled, so he could not jump up on cars.
Just a week to go til Barrett-Jackson starts. I am really pumped! Of course, there was the last minute problems, went to run the windows up and nothing. PANIC!!! Thank goodness for this website and Lin and Don to calm me done and find the problem. Probably the one thing that hasn't been replaced, the safety relay, and I had another one. Isn't there warranty on 45 year old parts?
Can't wait till the fun starts! Anxious to meet the Cougar crowd, and put some faces to the names.
We're going to have some fun with this so stay tuned. Here is a link to some pics, I can't post right now because it is snowing really hard. http://picasaweb.google.com/stillinwoods/StarredPhotos?feat=directlink
Steve
Steve:

Pwer windows is the one option I am glad Esmerelda DOESN'T have. They're nothing but a pain. I admire your persistence.

When does your car go over the block?
Randy

·
Registered
51 Posts
Sorry for your loss of both kittys. Good luck with the one at Barrett-Jackson I am sitting here right now waiting for it to go across.
Are the leather seats white with gold appointments.If so where did you purchase them.And of course ballpark dollars and delivery times
Thanks

·
Registered
1,422 Posts
It crossed the block with a hammer price of $80,000 with spirited bidding.

·
Contributing Member
1,011 Posts
Sorry about Squeeks and hope you got a good return on your big cat. Really nice car.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts