Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here's the story, my Aunt had a 1969 Mercury Cougar hardtop base (vin#9F91H5677674) that she passed to me when I went to college. I then restored it best I could, painted it Porsche Alpine white, and like an idiot, traded it in at Bill Hazelett Chevrolet in Kent, WA for a new Camaro. My friends STILL to this day, give me crap about it...This car would have been a nice family heirloom. I've tried a few Cougar parts sites/yards but no luck. Anyone out there know if it's still on the road, or possibly dead in a junkyard? Just like to know if she's still out there...

·
Registered
2,991 Posts
Morz, contact Phil Parcells, he is the CCOA (Cougar Club Of America) National Database Registrar. Here is his email: [email protected] . Include the VIN and he can tell you if it's in the database. BTW, welcome to the forum and good luck in your search. John

·
Premium Member
6,980 Posts
Check your VIN, you have too many numbers.

·
Premium Member
4,105 Posts
And when did you trade it in? I can't say I have noticed it at the Cascade Cougar Club Prowl.
By the way, The Prowl will be on July 22nd over in Issaquah at teh XXX Rootbeer diner.
Good luck with finding the car. It will make a fantastic story.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Don't know if I posted what I found on the whereabouts of my lost cat. Phil located it in Vancouver OR. Parted out May of 2012. She's now on eBay in pieces...soooo....that's that. myOldCougarFront.jpg I found this pic yesterday cleaning out my office. R.I.P. Thanks for all the help.

·
Premium Member
4,105 Posts
Sorry to hear this, I hoped you would find her and get her back. There are a lot of other cats out there that you could have a good time with...

·
Premium Member
5,758 Posts
Sorry to hear it got parted out, looked like a real nice car. Wonder why it was parted out.

thanks
pat

·
Contributing Member
6,137 Posts
Based on the timeline of this thread, it looks like you JUST missed finding it before it got parted out too. Sorry to hear that. Good luck should you decide to tackle another.

·
Registered
1,612 Posts
Don't know if I posted what I found on the whereabouts of my lost cat. Phil located it in Vancouver OR. Parted out May of 2012. She's now on eBay in pieces...soooo....that's that. View attachment 32945 I found this pic yesterday cleaning out my office. R.I.P. Thanks for all the help.
That's sad. At least go bid on one of the pieces on ebay so you have something to remember her by.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Know this is hard to believe...but...what's creepier is I found her three weeks AFTER I had already decided to "tackle another" and picked up this project...same month. May, 2012. Would have been nice to have some pieces of her for my new one that I needed. (MagMustangs (the guy parting her out) on eBay - gas door lens, front grille center piece, etc...those went FAST). Anyway, thanks again to Phil Parcells and all the search support! Not letting this one go... daddyLike.jpg

·
Premium Member
4,105 Posts
Hay Morz, where did you find that Red 69 Convertible? It looks like a sweet car.
I get to Shohomish a lot. My son lives there.

·
Premium Member
2,471 Posts
Don't forget to join the Cascade Cougar Club. We would love to meet you and see more of that beautiful car.

·
Contributing Member
1,011 Posts
The car must have been in a wreck! Looking at the picture, unless the thing was all bondo and just gone underneath, who would part that otherwise?

·
Premium Member
2,471 Posts
The car must have been in a wreck! Looking at the picture, unless the thing was all bondo and just gone underneath, who would part that otherwise?
I think you would be surprised about what kind of cars get parted here in the west. Rusty floors or quarters can easily put a car into the parts car category since there are plenty of solid cars out here.

·
Contributing Member
1,011 Posts
Sorry but you left coasters ought to be ashamed! LOL, Morz, the vert sure is pretty, sitting nice too. Please post more pictures.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
It was. According to MagMustangs, she was dented, pretty beat up and had no engine. Still had the wheels on it tho'. Told me the kid who had it was planning to put in a 460. Never happened I guess. That's all I know...

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
CraigsList of all things. She was garaged in West Seattle. Guy who had it, had "too many toys" and was having to part with her...she has a few problems, leaky 2V carb, a lot of minor stuff, which i've fixed myself. Some cosmetic interior things...but she's solid. Marti report says she was originally Blue Alloy with black top/glass window. Has a white top/plastic window now (very discolored) so that has to be replaced. Ongoing...

1 - 20 of 25 Posts