Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5,633 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I originally bought this car in 1978 as an engagement gift. It was my wife's first car. We had to sell it to help pay for school.

It has recently been reported to the data base and I believe it is located in the Wichita Kansas area. If you own this car, I would be happy to fill you in on some of the early details of it's ownership etc.

VIN 7F93A612419
Door Plate Data
65B I 6G 24E 22 I
Model Year 1967
Assembly Plant Dearborn, Michigan (F)
Body Style XR7, Hardtop (93)
Engine Model 289-4V (A)
Sequential Number
Exterior Color Lime Frost Poly (I)
Interior Trim Dk. Ivy Gold Levant Leather and Dk. Ivy Gold Natural Leather (6G)
Date Code 24 of May (24E)
District Sales Office
Dallas, TX (22)

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
thats pretty cool that you still had the vin and data after all this time.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I'm not too far from wichita, I can keep an eye out for it. can you post what color of green lime frost is? Thanks

·
Registered
5,633 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Lime frost is an avacado green color, sort of a light silvery green... I will try to find a picture. It also has a black vinyl top.

·
Registered
2,991 Posts

·
Registered
2,191 Posts
I originally bought this car in 1978 as an engagement gift. It was my wife's first car. We had to sell it to help pay for school.

I would be happy to fill you in on some of the early details of it's ownership etc.
quote]

C'mon Bill....tell all of us!!!!! What movie was at the drive in that summer? Only you and Debbie will know if the stories are "enhanced", and she'll just smile and nod.

·
Registered
5,633 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hmm... Lets see, As I recall, I had a '73 Grand Torino that had more room to roam than the Cougar. Sold it and bought a '74 Mustang II Mach 1 that was our honey moon car, sold that and bought our first new car, a '79 Mustang Cobra. I think the Cougar remained, shall we say, unmolested....

1 - 7 of 7 Posts